10

Killua POV

It was warm and safe.

I felt so calm.

But why did I feel like something was still missing?

I opened my eyes to see Kurapika next to me, he was still holding me protectively, his hand still rested on my head. The sun was barely rising, it was still dark out.

As much as I wanted to stay in the safety of Kurapika's arms, I needed to do something. I couldn't keep carrying this guilt.

"Thank you Kurapika." I whispered and crawled out of his hold. I tucked him back in, replacing my body with a pillow. He probably has a stuffie to sleep with when Leorio isn't around.

Good holiday present idea.

I creeped out into the hallway, Leorio was sprawled out on the couch. I smiled at my older friend and tiptoed into the guest bedroom.

There in the middle of the bed, curled up in a ball was Gon.

My chest tightened.

"Gon, Gon wake up."

He looked up and rubbed his eyes, looking out the window and back at me.

"Killua? What time is it?" He rubbed his head and yawned.

"That doesn't matter right now. I need you to come with me." I held out my hand nervously. He probably wouldn't come because of what I said yesterday-

"Ok!"

Huh?

He jumped out of bed and pulled his jacket on, graciously taking my hand. We quietly snuck past Leorio and went outside.

"Where are we going Killua?" He held onto my hand as I ran up the stairs of the apartment building.

"If I know buildings then I know most apartments have-"

I opened the door at the top of the stairs.

"-a roof!"

Gon walked out onto the roof, the sun was just now beginning to rise. It was really a pretty sight.

Gon was a pretty sight.

He had sat down and watched the sunrise, I walked up and sat next to him. The two of us sat quietly in the cold.

"Listen Gon...I'm really sorry about yesterday and all the days before that and I really hope you can forgive-"

"I already have." He whispered, not taking his eyes off the sunrise. A smile creeped onto his face.

"R-really?" I sat somewhat shocked, I don't understand how he could've, I was terrible!

"Mhm! You're my best friend Killua! I knew you didn't really mean what you said. I don't know you're reason for saying it but I trust you." He looked at me with a warm smile, our fingertips were barely touching. Despite the cold air I was beginning to feel really hot.

Stupid puberty.

"Gon I have to confess something."

"Hm? What is it?" He tilted his head like a puppy. I bit my lip and looked down.

"Gon...I really like you. Not just as a friend or a partner but...I love you Gon. I didn't understand my feelings or think you'd feel the same so I pushed you away! I'm so sorry~" I could feel my eyes welling up with tears again. This was the part where he'd turn me down.

"Killua~"

He wrapped my hand in his. I looked up at him shocked, tears beginning to pour out.

"I love you too! Your my best friend in the whole wide world! You're funny and smart and so strong. There's no way I couldn't feel the same!" He grinned and leaned forward, planting a quick kiss on my cheek.

I died right there.

I began sobbing, Gon quickly pulling me into a hug and giggling. My face was probably on fire from how embarrassed I was.

"Don't cry Killua! There isn't anything to be sad about!" He squeezed me tighter.

"You moron! I'm not sad, I'm happy!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his shoulder.

"HELL YEA THAT'S MY BOY!"

"SHUT UP LEORIO!"

I looked down at the parking lot below to see Leorio getting punched in the side by Kurapika. They must've heard us sneak out and came to watch.

"YOU IDIOTS CAN'T I DO SOMETHING BY MYSELF?!"

"Hi!" Gon waved at the two of them, still holding me in one hand.

"JUST GO BACK TO DOING WHAT YOU WERE DOING WE ARENT HERE!" Kurapika yelled up and pushed Leorio back inside. Gon and I laughed.

"Should we go back in?" Gon smiled at me, I shook my head no.

"Can you just hold onto me for a little while longer?"

A small gasp escaped him but he soon giggled to himself.

"Of course Killua!" He squeezed me and laughed.

Please don't let go, Gon.

Don't ever let go.