9

Kurapika POV

I helped him up, he groggily walked next to me into the bathroom. This must be what Leorio sees when I'm falling asleep.

No wonder he loves to coddle.

This is precious.

He sat on the edge of the bathtub and yawned. I took Leorio's comb from the sink counter and sat next to him, gently combing through his wild hair. He began to lull with each stroke.

"Are you feeling better now?" I asked after setting down the comb again. He nodded and stood up to brush his teeth. I leaned against the door way and watched over him protectively.

I see a small part of myself in Killua. A part of me that was so broken and insecure. I didn't want him to go down the path I did as I reached my adult years. He doesn't deserve that. It was important to me that I made sure he felt cared for and loved.

Leorio has taught me well.

"You ready for bed for real now?" I pulled back the blankets on Leorio's bed and pat the side next to me. He nodded bashfully and crawled in. I smiled.

"You don't need to be embarrassed! We are friends and when you need someone to lean on that's what I'm here for! Although I did hear you are a blanket stealer." I winked and laid down on my side.

He rolled his eyes trying to act tough but it didn't hide how his lips curled up, little hints of his smile.

Once he was laying down I shut off the lights. His back face me as he stared out the window. You could see Gon and Leorio running up and down the pavement, the street lamps illuminating their frames.

Crap.

"I knew you were lying about Gon. You paused before you started talking, an obvious lying trait." He snickered. I rolled my eyes.

"Do you think he would like me if I told him how I felt?" He tensed up and curled his legs up to his chest, wrapping his arms around his knees watching Gon beat Leorio again.

"Knowing Gon, even if he didn't he wouldn't let it ruin your friendship." Leorio was now giving Gon his jacket.

Killua sniffled.

"Oh no let's not start this again Killua! You don't need to cry anymore tonight alright?" I quickly wrapped my arms around him and sat up, pulling him with me. I rested my head on his shoulder and swayed him side to side, he didn't take his eyes off the window as he began to cry harder.

No not this again!

Good Lord give this boy a break!

"I w-want him to like me! I can't stand being just his friend! I w-want more...I need him Kurapika." His body moved with his sobs, I crawled in front of him and blocked his view of the window, holding his head into my chest and rubbing his back.

"Without Gon I have no p-purpose. He means everything to me, without him I'd be dead a-already." He whispered, choking between words. I'm not good with this romance stuff.

"Stop this. Killua, even if he doesn't like you romantically you'll never lose him as friend. He is one of the only people that will love you more than anything and unconditionally. Now please let's try and go back to sleep now." I gently laid him back down onto the pillow and pulled the covers up to his chin. He laid on his back and I laid on my side, my arm over his stomach.

"Thank you K-Kurapika. I'm sorry a-about today again-"

"Hush, no more talking. It's time for bed." I pat his stomach and closed my eyes, seeing if that would encourage him to fall asleep. I waited until his breathing had slowed down before I reached for my phone.

I called Leorio.

"Hey w-what's up?" He was panting through the phone. I could hear Gon in the background asking for another race.

"When you come in can you bring me some water before you go to bed?" I whispered through the phone. Killua was dead asleep but I still was cautious.

"Of course sweethe- GON DON'T RUN IN THE ROAD ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

I tried not to laugh.

"Be quiet when you come in which should be soon. It's cold out and I'd hate for Gon to get a cold."

"What about me?!" He gasped, I giggled.

"I guess you can come in too."

He laughed and called for Gon.

"We are coming in now. Is Killua doing better?" I could see him talking on the phone through the window, Gon following behind him.

"He got a little weepy right before bed but I finally got him to go to sleep. He is holding onto my stomach right now, it's too cute you should come see it-"

Leorio was already standing in the doorway.

"Oh hi." I whispered and turned my phone off, going back to holding Killua. He was like a big fluffy teddy bear.

"Don't mind me I'll be just a second." He got dressed in his pajamas and left the room only to return a while later with water for me.

"Here you go mommy-pika." He kneeled down and kissed my forehead, ruffling my hair. I took the water and sipped it, not taking my eyes off Leorio.

"Are you sure I can't sleep with you?" He rubbed his cheek against mine and whined.

"I don't want to embarrass him. It's taken a lot just to get him back to bed. I don't want him to have to wake up and see that you're here. It's best if you and Gon pretend like you didn't see what happened tonight."

He nodded and kissed the tip of my nose.

"Luckily I have a comfy couch." He walked towards the door as I cuddled back up to Killua, my cheek on his head. His fluffy hair tickled my chin.

"Oh forgot to say, you should wear my hoodies more often. You look adorable in them." He winked and shut the door behind him.

And with that and a smile I drifted off in sleep with my sweet friend next to me, dreaming about waffles and hoodies.

Oh, and Leorio too.