8

Leorio POV

Gon and I had gotten ice cream and talked some stuff over. He had been feeling shaded Killua for a long time now and he was scared he was going to lose his best friend. I consistently reminded him it would not happen.

"Killua is going through a phase bud. He will get over it. You just keep being you and he will come around ok?" I smiled at him on the drive home. He nodded and ate his ice cream quietly. He seemed better now but a little shaken after the situation.

I would be the same way if I were in his position.

Memories of this morning filled my head. I frowned a bit as I pulled into my parking spot.

We walked inside, Gon standing behind me. If I know Kurapika he probably got very upset with Killua and they were both fighting at the moment.

Fingers crossed my house isn't destroyed.

I could hear screaming from inside and quickly opened the door.

"Guys quit it-"

It was the tv. A scary movie was playing.

Huh?

I looked over at the couch to see Kurapika and Killua laying across the couch asleep, Killua's back pressed against Kurapika's stomach, Kurapika which had both of his arms wrapped around Killua protectively. A half eaten waffle sat on the nightstand along with a finished glass of what seemed to be chocolate milk. They both were wearing my hoodies.

This is not what I had expected.

"Gon, be very quiet and come look." I whispered at him trying not to giggle at how cute the two of them were. Gon peaked inside and covered his mouth, the two of us giggling and walking into the house. We sneakily tried to walk past them and into the kitchen but my stupid wood floor decided it would be a good idea to squeak against my shoe.

Kurapika opened an eye.

"Be quiet, he had a hard day and is taking some much needed rest. I'm staying here with him until he wakes up, whether that be an hour or all night. You two morons keep it down." He whispered at us. He closed his eye again and began petting Killua's head in an almost motherly manner. I smiled.

"Well it's just you and me then Gon. What do you wanna do?" I whispered into his ear. He bounced up and down excitedly.

"Can we race?!" He said somewhat over a normal volume. Kurapika opened his eyes again and gave us both a glare.

"I don't care what you do just be quiet." He hissed. Killua's head moved causing him to let out a small whimper.

"Shh, just go back to sleep it's alright!" Kurapika gently whispered, rubbing the younger boys head. Killua rolled over on his side and buried his face in Kurapika's hoodie. Kurapika smiled and hugged him protectively.

My heart swelled watching my sweet boyfriend. The way he held onto Killua, how protective he was of his vulnerability and sensitivity. It was rare for Gon and I both to see two of the strongest and hard headed boys we know to be so soft and caring.

I'm sure Kurapika feels connected to Killua in some way.

It's no secret Killua has had issues with confidence and finding his self worth, hell, have you seen Phantom Rouge?

Kurapika and Killua both had tragic pasts but continued to stay strong for the security of their future. I'm sure they had a heart to heart and confessed some things to each other that only the other could relate to, things me and Gon wouldn't quite understand. It's only natural for Kurapika to take on that motherly role for Killua that Kurapika could have used in the past, using it to help Killua not fall down the same path. Killua obviously becoming more vulnerable and dependent on Kurapika since he had never been able to do that with anyone else before.

The family dynamic.

Med school is pretty neat.

"Well let's go race then. Where are we going to do it?" I whispered to Gon, not taking my eyes of Kurapika who was now rubbing Killua's back and sorting through his white locks of knotted hair.

"The parking lot! It's dark so it'll be more fun!" Gon tiptoed to the door, once crossing it he sprinted to the parking lot. I had to make one stop before I went after him.

I quietly made my way to Kurapika, bending down and kissing his forehead.

"You're a good friend Kurapika." I whispered and looked down at Killua.

"Leorio...I'm sorry for earlier. I enjoy you wanting to take care of me. I like when you want to keep me saf-"

Killua had began to stir.

"Kurapika-?" He groggily rubbed his eyes, I quickly got out of Killua's line of vision. I didn't want to embarrass him.

"Yes? It's getting late, you can go back to sleep." Kurapika pulled the blankets up and around Killua's shoulder.

"Is Gon back yet?" He looked up at Kurapika. Kurapika stayed quiet for a moment, probably thinking of a good story, but then answered.

"Gon fell asleep in Leorio's car. He is feeling much better now. Leorio said he was very forgiving."

Kurapika was almost right.

Gon was very forgiving.

He was feeling better.

But he definitely did not fall asleep.

"Can I stay in here still? I don't wanna wake him up." His normally pale cheeks heated up from his innocent question. He most likely just enjoyed being taken care of. Kurapika smiled.

"Let's get cleaned up then we can go back to bed, how does that sound? Leorio can take the couch." Kurapika looked over at me and smirked. I held back my laughter.

Killua nodded and closed his eyes again. Kurapika gestured for me to leave and I nodded.

I had a race to attend anyways.