2

Leorio POV

I sat on the couch with a blanket wrapped around me, lazily watching tv and debating on whether to call Kurapika or not.

It had been a while since he had last contacted me and I feared he was in danger.

As much as I trusted him and his mental recovery, I still had my worries about him. I loved him more than I loved myself and as a doctor I am very serious about the well-being of my "patient".

Oh, I passed my exam!

I finally mustered up the courage to call him when I was suddenly cut off by a knock on the door.

"I'm coming I'm coming!" I stood up and stretched, shuffling towards the door.

"Who is it- GON! KILLUA!"

The two boys jumped onto me, I wrapped my arms around the and fell to the floor, the two of them laying on my chest laughing and crying.

Poor Killua.

After everything that had happened it makes sense that he'd be more emotional than Gon.

"What the hell are you doing here?! Leave it to you guys not to warn me about your visit! I didn't even clean!"

Not that it was dirty.

"We were excited to see you! Too bad Kurapika couldn't come, he hasn't been answering the phone." Gon hugged my neck as Killua held my torso, his hot tears soaking my shirt. Worry overcame me with the news about Kurapika. After this I'm calling him.

But first.

"Killua don't cry!" I sat up and began drawing circles on his back and rubbing the back of his head, it usually worked on Kurapika.

"I'm not crying! I got s-something in my eye!" He shook his head and looked down. Poor thing. I would feel worse if he weren't so cute.

"How about we call Kurapika and tell him about this? Maybe we can convince him to come? How does that sound?" I wiped of his face and pulled out my phone but Gon stopped me.

"Don't worry! I got it! There isn't any need to call him because-"

A shadow from the doorway filled the room.

"-I'm right here."

I practically threw Killua off of me and ran to him, scooping his angelic body up onto my arm and forcing his head into mine, kissing him more passionately than I ever had in my life. His slender hands held the sides of my head as I ran my hand over his side, salty tears running down my cheeks.

"WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SHOW UP WITHOUT GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK?!" I spun him around, moving him from my arm to my hip the moment I saw tears.

"Never. It is my job to give you heart attacks." He wrapped his arms around my neck and burrowed his head in my shoulder. Killua had already calmed down by now, him and Gon bringing their stuff into my guest room.

"You two get settled, we are going to unpack!" Gon grinned and left the two of us alone.

That's when he really started to cry.

I carried him into my bedroom and closed the door behind us. I placed him on the bed and began to unbutton his coat, taking off his shoes and socks too.

"Kurapika- I know this is soon but I have to check." I rubbed his cheek and waited for a response. He nodded and let me continue to undress him.

We had discussed that after that day we would have frequent check in's on his well being. That included mental and physical. He had been doing so well with the mental side and as much as I trusted him, I had to know for sure that he was completely safe.

"Can you stand up for me?"

He stood up proudly. He was only in his boxers but I could tell he was proud of his improvement. I checked every part of him, then double checking to make sure there were no indications of self harm. I then checked his weight and compared it to the last time he had it checked, and lastly I checked his temperature because it's too cold outside for me not to check it.

I may just be a little overprotective.

Once absolutely everything was checked and double checked I immediately picked him up and dove onto the bed, kissing every inch of his face. His giggles making me melt each time one rolled out of his puffy lips.

"Are you proud of me?" He grinned and kissed my cheek, snuggling into me, I wrapped a blanket around the both of us, he was sitting on my lap as I played with his hair.

"Proud? I'm ecstatic! You are doing so well! You've come so far!" I tickled his soft stomach, he kicked his legs out around like a child. For being so tough all the time, I felt beyond lucky to get the be the one to take care of him when he didn't have to save anyone.

"Now. Pajama time. It's cold outside so therefor you need to dress warm."

"But I'm inside-"

"No buts!" I stood up and pulled out a long sleeve shirt of mine and pants and socks. He got dressed himself, the clothes sagged on his shorter frame, my heart melting at the sight.

"Is this warm enough for you?" He glared at me while I suppressed my awe's.

"One more thing..." I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around him, making sure it came up over his cheeks and ears.

"Hold onto this tightly for me, ok?" I bent down and kissed his nose. He rolled his eyes.

"Leorio I'm not a toddler." He started walking into the living room.

"You're just as cute as one." I pinched his cheek and walked to him to the couch. Gon and Killua were watching tv under a blanket, looking up at Kurapika for a split second before going back into the tv. Kurapika sat down next to Killua and cuddled into his blanket. I sat down next to Gon and adjusted his blanket.

The four of us sat silently, just watching television and enjoying our time together. I had missed them all so much, I couldn't be more happy to spend this day with them.