Everything Has Changed

ابدأ من البداية

"Mark's not the one it's you," Renee said simply as Derek looked offended.

"Is there something going on with you? Please don't tell me you're getting back together. Ren, you know-"

"I know what I did. I don't need to hear it from you," Mark shot back.

"I'll just introduce myself later," a ginger-haired man said.

"Uh-"

"Captain Owen Hunt, Trauma," the man introduced himself as Derek and Mark narrowed their eyes.

"Dr Renee Foster, surgical oncologist,"

"Dr Foster, what a surprise?"

"Mr Sheilds, good evening,"

Renee smiled as she walked towards Benjamin, she was on one of her rare moments of coming to Joe's, she had come for having a break after she watched Rosemary Bullard flatline and her husband performing CPR continuously. It was heartbreaking, Ed didn't give up on her for a long time, he continued to perform the CPR despite the doctors telling him that his wife as gone. Renee had hired a nanny for Ilaria after much consideration and she had to admit, it was nice to have some free time for herself and not worry about the baby.

"I didn't know doctors drink," he said.

"Doctors are known to be alcoholics and chain smokers,"

"I can't imagine you being an alcoholic or a chain smoker,"

"I am not, I came for my cranberry juice," Renee said as she looked over at Joe who already knew her order.

"You came to a bar for juice?"

"It sounds stupid but I have to drive home,"

"I don't think it's stupid, I'd use the word responsible. I can't tell how many people from the hospital have drunk and drive cases on their heads,"

"Is Dr Taylor on that list?" Renee asked as Benjamin laughed.

"I can't tell that Dr Foster, it against the oath....but I'll tell you this, he's my most frequent client,"

"Here's your drink," Joe said.

"Thank you, Joe," Renee said as she placed a couple of dollars on the table.

"Cheers," Benjamin said as he raised his beer bottle.

"Cheers,"

Over the next hour or so, Renee and Benjamin sat at the bar table in what someone would call comfortable silence, they chatted lightly about their work lives and how stressful everything is these days.