Turning A New Page

"Now, okay, I have no authority here, but I would like to offer my thoughts on Dr Sloan-"

"You're doing great."

"Uh, this man is a whore, has always been a whore, will probably always be a whore. But, I mean, that's not a secret. He's not keeping it hidden. You all knew who he was before you got involved with him. And now you want to be all 'woe is me, he doesn't call me back, he's dating other women.' He's nasty, but he's a doctor here and a pretty good one. So let us all close our knees and get back to our jobs so he can get back to his job and help the people that really need it."

Mark looked over at the gathering of the nurses and doctors formed due to Dr Bailey's speech, everybody had a sly look on their faces, everybody but one, Renee stood there with an unreadable look on her face, she was looking at him, the look she had on her face forced him to look down in disappointment.

"Disperse,"

"Beth Monroe, 17, she has Malignant Glioma, she is here to participate in your medical trial,"

Renee told Derek who was standing in the gantry alone, he simply looked at her before shaking his head in a no.

"I can't do this, I can't kill another person," Derek whispered, his knuckles were white as he folded his hands tightly.

"I can't do this, Ren, so many people died because I gave them hope, they came to me in the hope of getting treated but I.....murder them,"

"You're not murdering them, Derek, this is the sad reality of a clinical trial, sacrifices have to be made," Renee said as Derek sat down, holding his head in his hands.

"But we have done enough, no one else will die, not because of this useless trial,"

"Derek...listen to me.....these people come to you with a hope that if they have another chance they want to fight. You have to give them this chance, you can't take away that,"

"They are getting killed, Ren,"

"They will be dead anyway, at least they knew they did everything in their power,"

"Just one more patient, that's it,"

Renee smiled at Derek as they both sat next to each other, they didn't have to talk for the other to understand what was going on in their heads. Derek rested his head on Renee's shoulders as they continued staring down at the operation theatre down, it seemed as if the entire hospital disappeared but only for a split second.

"Mark said he's turning over a new page," Renee laughed as Derek said it.

"I doubt it, Mark's incapable of change,"