Drunk Mark

NEW YORK

Addison and Renee were sitting in the Cafeteria at the hospital having just finished doing their surgeries, Derek and Mark had a day off which they had decided to spent camping in one of the lesser know camping spots in New York whose names neithe...

Addison and Renee were sitting in the Cafeteria at the hospital having just finished doing their surgeries, Derek and Mark had a day off which they had decided to spent camping in one of the lesser know camping spots in New York whose names neither Addison nor Renee could bother remembering. Both of them had their heads laid on the table as they slept before their pagers went off a 9-1-1 to the ER which meant that there was a big incoming Trauma and they needed all the hands on the deck.

"People there is a huge trauma coming, we are expecting cuts, broken bones and head traumas," Richard Webber said as he clapped his hands making everyone disperse.

"Dr Foster, you are my trauma team," Renee nodded as she fist-bumped Addison before leaving with Richard.

"Okay, first trauma in," Richard said as the paramedics pulled the first gurney out.

"Male, 30, Thomas Johnson, collided with a pole, has a cracked skull," The paramedic said as they rolled him in.

"Trauma room 1," Richard said as he and Renee followed him to the Trauma room paging Neuro on the way.

"His vitals are stable, take him for a head CT first," The neuro Chief said after he checked the man.

"Foster, take him for the CT," Renee quickly nodded as they transferred him on another gurney.

"I need the CT as soon as possible," The Neuro chief said as Renee nodded.

"Yes, Doctor,"

"Dr Martin, the scans show there is a haemorrhage in his brain," 

Renee gave the scans to Dr Martin, the older neurosurgeon studied the scans before turning to look at her.

"Dr Foster, we need to get him into surgery, where is Dr Shepherd?"

"Dr Shepherd is not on call today," Renee told him.

"I can scrub in," She said as the older man turned to look at her with a funny expression on his face, an even amused look forming on his face.

"You? Brain surgery?" The tone in which he said that made Renee uncomfortable, it was almost as of he was questioning her skills and the look in his eyes told her that he didn't think it was a woman's job.

"I have assisted on brain surgery, Dr Matin," Renee said confidently.

"I am sure you have but I need Dr Shepherd with me, page him and tell him to come back as quickly as possible,"