New Rules

Renee was sitting in the auditorium waiting on Richard who was going to set some new rules in order to maintain the teaching protocol and improve the ranking of the hospital which he was deeply bothered by

Renee was sitting in the auditorium waiting on Richard who was going to set some new rules in order to maintain the teaching protocol and improve the ranking of the hospital which he was deeply bothered by. Erica and Mark were sitting behind her and Renee tried her best to not listen to their conversation but when you don't have anything to do you'd concentrate on the most ridiculous things.

"Hey, you've heard about the new rules?"

"From what I heard, you were holding hands while chatting late into the night,"

"Excuse me?" Derek joined in the meeting and sat beside Renee before greeting her but she ignored him as she continued to look at the stage. She was still angry at them for not showing up for the party and if wasn't for Mark no one would've bothered to show up, she was honestly sick and tired of putting everybody else above her and making other's a priority above her and her daughter. Derek looked back at Mark and Erica before gesturing at Renee and asking them what the problem was which Mark replied with a head shake silently telling him not to ask.

"Listen to all." 

"You mean the new rules of the boss. I thought you were talking about you and Torres. I am in error," Mark said

"We're very busy so I'll be brief. I set up a new protocol at Seattle Grace. Will the new rules and other former to be revised. The internal first, second and third years will not be able to specialize. This practice interferes with the development of a complete surgical teaching. Relations, dedication and personal preferences will no longer be a criterion of the program. Holders bring their education to all residents. We will focus our attention on communication and behaviour with patients. For some, it means an effort of humanity and compassion. For others, means learning to treat patients while avoiding being too involved emotionally. This is a surgical program. Psychiatry is the 5th floor. Do not mix the two. Also, I talk to the owners, your house is your own reflection. If they fail, you fail. If they succeed, you succeed. This applies to holders with respect to internal. Teach with enthusiasm. Teach with enthusiasm. We are surgeons. We cut our malignancies. It starts now ..."

Izzie(who was supposed to be assisting Renee on this case) and her interns followed Renee, Richard and Bailey into a patient's room along with all her fellow residents.

"Interns, this is Dr Duval, who's a fellow, so if you have any question or you've to confirm anything and show reports to, you'll approach him, if I am not available,"

"Stevens, present the case," Renee asked Izzie to present their first case of the day.

"Shelley Boden, 30, in a stage 4 colon cancer with liver metastases. Shelley has undergone chemo and radiation at a high dose. And according to the scan, a liver resection at this stage could be beneficial,"

"It will," Shelly smiled.

"You have questions?" Renee asked the sisters.

"What happens if you find more cancers?" Jenn, Shelley's sister asked.