MR. CEO 35

"We need to talk."

She suddenly got a bit nervous at how the guy was looking at her. She just smiled and sat back beside Jimin's bed.

"About what?"

She tried to sound cool but nervousness was evident. The guy took note of it.

"Tell me the real reason why Jimin fired you."

She stopped functioning as she swallowed the saliva that got stuck in her throat. She slowly diverts her gaze at the man who still has that serious face on. She can't tell if he's mad or not.

"Be honest."

Her lips trembled. Will he hate her if he found out the reason? She doesn't want another drama to happen as she doesn't want Taehyung to be mad at her but he seemed to be determined to know.

"I...I'm..."

She can't find the right words to explain the past situation to him, she doesn't even know why he's digging about this now. She doesn't want to sound rude but Taehyung should be out of it.

But she understands, he's Jimin's cousin, a blood-related person to the man she tried to hurt by stealing his company. She didn't continue it though.

Taehyung just watched the woman who seemed to be lost in words. He waited. He waited for her to explain, he doesn't want to jump to a conclusion, he knew that she's better than that.

But he got annoyed when she stayed silent and looked away. She's avoiding the question.

"You want to steal the company because you're just after his money, is that why you came back?"

His words pierced deep through her heart but she tried not to show it, she keep a straight face.

"Who told you this?" she asked, eyes were still glued to his.

"It doesn't matter where or who I've got it, so, is it true?"

She stayed silent. Contemplating. But what's the use of hiding it from him? The paper was gone and she didn't continue her father's plan.

With a gulped she answered, "Yes."

He can't believe what he heard, he expected her to tell that it was not real, that she wouldn't do such a thing. But the confirmation just came out of her mouth.

"How...how could you do that to Jimin?"

She closed her eyes for a moment before standing up and walking towards him. She needs to explain it to him, that's the thing she wasn't able to do Jimin. Explaining the reason.

She heave a deep breath and held his large hands. She stared at his confused orbs.

"I was locked up in my room for a year without any contacts or any use of communication..."

She halted. She badly wanted to forget those things, she's not ready to bring it out but she needs to explain her part.

Taehyung was just silently listening to her as he watched her closed her eyes and heave a deep breath.

"My dad, well not my real father, forced me to an arranged marriage because our company is in the state of falling... I didn't agree but he never listen..."

She bit her lips when her voice cracked, she quickly wiped the single tear that fell from her eyes. Taehyung rubbed her back.

"The guy that I supposed to marry tried to rape me... I begged my dad to bring me back here, he agree but with one condition..."

She stared into his eyes, wanting him to understand her. Taehyung had his eyes widened with the revelation she just said. She was almost raped?! How come?!