first conflict ~ a new housemate

"So, you're asking if she can stay with us?" Miwa asked, Ema nodded with a nervous smile, "Of course!"

"What?" Ema asked, "Just like that..?"

"Why not? If it's going to be permanent, then that's okay with me! The girl sounds lovely, isn't she, honey?"

"She is, she's a second year, I met her during the enterance ceremony for first years last year." Ema explained, "Her mom just up and left last month, so that means she was left to fend for herself."

"Who're we talking about?" A voice asks, the two females look at who asked, it was Yusuke. "Someone is gonna live with us..?"

"Yeah!" Ema said with a grin, "It's one of our classmates, (Name) (L. Name), she's a second year."

"Oh, that poor girl that who's forced to be Fuuto's study buddy?" Yusuke asked, "I'm fine with it, but I don't think my vote matters, it's Mom and Rintaro's choice."

"Ema has already told Rintaro, he said that he's okay with it, so she came to me as well, anyways, and I'm okay with it as well."

"Okay! Then, I'll go get her!" Ema said, she rushed out the door, waving at her mother and stepbrother, "I'll be back soon!"

"Hon, I'll more than likely not be home when you get back!" Miwa yells, an 'okay!' was Ema's response. "Yusuke, I know that this is sudden, but can you tell—"

"I'll tell them." Yusuke assures his mother.

"Thank you." The woman pats her son's head, "I'm going to be gone for a while again, love you!"

"Love you too."

"(Name)! I'm back, my parents are fine with you moving in with us!" Ema cheered, her friend looked at her with surprise, "C'mon, let's go!"

"Huh..?" (Name) said, "You told your parents about the situation? Ema, I-I can't!"

"(Name), why not?"

"'Cause I don't know when my mom is gonna come back."

"Look, it's not going to be your fault if the rent is overdue, it's your mom's." Ema said, "My mom got a moving truck set up, you can take your stuff, along with a couple of other things."

"..okay, okay." (Name) finally gives in to Ema's idea. Ema cheers, "I'll start packing."

•••

"They're here." Yusuke walked into the living room, helping Ema and (Name) with a couple of bags full of (Name)'s things. The living room was already full of various Asahina brothers. All looking at the newest member of their home. "So, uh.. where do we start-"

"We'll introduce ourselves to her." A man with dark brown hair says, looking at Yusuke with a closed-eye smile. He met gazes with (Name), "Hello, I'm Masaomi. I'm the oldest, as well as a pediatrician, so if you need anything related to that, just come to me."

"I'll be sure to." (Name) nodded with an awkward smile.

Next in line was a tall blonde dude with blue eyes and glasses, "Yes, (Name), you've been over at the house a couple of times, in case you don't remember my name, it's Ukyo." The dude gave a gentle smile.

"Yeah, I remember you, me being forced to be Fuuto's study buddy-" (Name) says, a chuckle comes from behind her, she turns to see another dude with blonde hair and hazel eyes, he was taller than Ukyo. "Oh, hi-"

"Hello there. I'm assuming your one if Yusuke and Ema's friends, right?" The blonde dude asked, (Name) nodded, "Well then, welcome. I'm Kaname."

"Cool-" (Name) said, another laugh came from behind her, this time it made (Name) jump.

"Oh, sorry, princess." A white haired guy with purple eyes. Another guy was standing next to him, he also had purple eyes, but black hair, and glasses. They both have one eye covered, the eye showing had a beauty mark underneath it. "Name's Tsubaki, this guy is Azusa!"

"You guys twins or something..?" (Name) asked with an eyebrow raised, Tsubaki nodded. "Oh, cool."

"Ema and Yusuke talk about you a lot, seems like you're the person to be around." The other twin, Azusa, says. "Like Tsubaki said, I'm Azusa. We're voice actors."

"Oh, cool. For animes and video games?"

"Mhm." Tsubaki said, wrapping an arm around (Name)'s shoulders, "Welcome aboard."

"Thanks..?"

~~~
introductions part 1