third conflict ~ homesick

A few hours or so have passed. (Name) had asked to be excused from the dinner table. Ema looked at her in concern, going upstairs, (Name) seemed down, not her usual upbeat mood. She expressed concern to some of the other brothers.

"She seems off." Ema said, her tone was sad. "It's something to do with her mom being gone, I think.."

"I'll check on her, if you want." Iori said, looking at Ema. "I know she barely knows me, but I'll do it."

Ema nods, she thanked him. Iori gave her an assuring smile. He asked to be excused from the table, Ukyo gave him a nod, and Iori makes his way to the stairs up them, and towards Ema's room, where (Name) was temporarily in.

He grabbed the doorknob and opened the door. (Name) wasn't in sight, he had a slight freak out, but he then realized the window was open, due to the orange curtain that was covering it, was blowing. He walked towards the door and pulled the curtain back.

"Hey." Iori said, (Name) looked over, she was sitting in the corner of the balcony. Iori got a simple 'hi' from her. He suddenly sat down next to her. "Ema said you seemed off when you left the table, I wanted to check in with you.."

"Oh, thank you." (Name) looked at Iori. "I hope I didn't take away from your family time."

"No, you're okay." Iori assured (Name).

"Alright." (Name) said, simply. "Uh, you want me to tell you a bit about myself?"

"Sure." Iori said with a smile. "Mind if I ask the questions?"

"Y-Yeah!" (Name) said, saying her words a bit louder than she meant to. She pushed a but of hair behind her ear. "Ask away."

"Hobbies?" Iori asked.

"Uh, reading, writing.. I like watching shows.. depending on the mood, I really like [favorite tv genre] or [another favorite tv genre]." (Name) explained. "I also like doing [other hobbies you have]. They're fun, in my opinion."

Iori nodded in approval. He asked about her school life.

"As you know, I'm the same year as Fuuto. I'm not the smartest person in class, but I help him out with some subjects I'm pretty decent at." (Name) explained more. "Fuuto, he's a bit of a brat, but he keeps me entertained. Then, Ema and Yusuke, those guys are the best upperclassmen."

"The ones over there not so good?" Iori asked, (Name) nodded.

"I mean, it depends.. I mostly am friends with the nice ones, but sure I have to talk to the douchèbag ones. Ugh, Fuuto's the only one I can handle." (Name) groaned. "Sorry, I get into my rants, a little too much."

"No, you're fine." Iori assured her again. He looked at her for a few seconds, talking to her was soothing. She had noticed him staring at her, he blinked. "I-I'm so sorry, I—"

"No, you're okay." (Name) said, smiling.

Iori was about to say something, but a knock was heard at the bedroom's door. (Name) got up and went to go open it up, she answered it, it was Kaname. The blonde man looked at (Name) in concern.

"Are you doing okay?" Kaname asked. (Name) nodded. "Iori ran off after you excused himself from the table. He seemed like he was in a worry, is he okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay, so is Iori, we just talked " (Name) explained to Kaname. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm.. okay."

Iori heard Kaname's voice in the room, he got up and moved the orange curtains out of his way. He made eye contact with Kaname. He walked over and looked at his brother, not taking his eyes off him.

"Oh, what're you doing up here?" Iori asked, his tone was completely different than from before.

"Just talking to our new friend." Kaname said, smiling sheepishly. "How are you doing, dear?"

"Um, I'm okay." (Name) said, not sure how to react to someone calling her that. "You can just call me (Name), thanks for the talk Iori. I'm gonna go find Ema."

(Name) walked off as Iori and Kaname looked at each other in silence. Iori said something before walking out.

"You do not have to call ever girl you see by a pet name." Iori said. "Especially her, when you know what situation she's in and this isn't your damn club, she's a high schooler."
_____

i put iori bc i stan underrated characters