1.1

***

As I walked through the doors of the school cafeteria I peer my eyes over to see Bella once again sitting at the Cullens table. I shake my head, leaving her to herself as I walk through the cafeteria and outside to the parking lot. I plop myself outside on a ledge with some bushes behind me. I take in a breath as I do so, as I stick my headphones in, kicking my legs back and forth as I do so. 

I guess I'd go hunting today, I was pretty hungry, but I couldn't bring myself to eat the cafeteria food. Human food could be so nasty, so I hoped a herd was nearby for later. 

Jasper loved to hunt with me.

Stop.

I tightly close my eyes as I take in a breath trying to rid my thoughts of him. I couldn't. I don't know how long I'd have to live with the constant pain of knowing he left. Adrea's presence was still there, she still never spoke though, no matter how long it has been. 

2 months. 

I'd never seen her like this, but then again I've never even seen myself like this. How did I become so dependent on him so quickly? His smile, his laugh, how his hair shifted in the wind, his touch. I guess that's what being mated does to you.

I missed his family too. Alice, Tywin, Rose, Emmett, Carlisle, and Esme. They were all so nice to me. Why was such a basic trait, nice, so effective with me? Bella's friends were always nice to me, so why did I always think of them as Bella's friends and not my own? They had such a close family dynamic and Adrea was right because I wanted that.

But, I had that. The pack was always there, and how I loved them. I smiled a bit as I rubbed the side of my stomach softly, feeling the small ridges from the tattoo. They were my family now, so why did I still feel so abandoned?

I hated how I felt about them, there was an anger in me that burned constantly, but no hatred, not a shred, just anger, and right beside was love for the people I wanted to call family. I couldn't help the small growl that scratched at my throat at the thought of the Cullens. Bella was human, I'm not. I'd have to live with this pain, this anguish, this embarrassment, this anger until the day I died, which could be centuries in itself.

The bell rang. With a sigh, I hop off the ledge, landing, and made my way into school. As the cafeteria cleared out, I saw Bella still sitting at the Cullen's old table. With a sigh, I walk towards her, picking up her lunch tray, before taking her hand and leading her out of the cafeteria. 

"You want anything from the Coffee Shop today? I work an earlier shift, so I can drop it off before I go up to the city," I told her as we walked through the halls. She nodded, hugging me before she left for her class. 

The day passed by, and I didn't pay any attention to it. I dropped Bella off at home, went to work, and sighed as people from school walked in. 40 minutes before I could clock out.

"Audre, hey?! I didn't know you worked here?" Mike said. I gave him a fake smile as I nodded, before leading him and his friend to their table. 

"So who're you?" asked one of the guys he'd brought with them. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I passed out their menus. 

"Are you kidding? This is Audre, she's Bella's cousin. Oh, she dated one of the Cullens!" Eric spoke up matter factly. I winced at the memory.

"Oh, wait I remember you, you're that hot chick we saw playing volleyball that one time. I'm Asher," the dude, Asher, said. My eyes snap to him, clutching onto my writing pad so hard that it crumpled a bit, as my body filled with an unnecessary amount of anger at this human.

"Can I start you all off with something to drink?" I asked as I cleared my throat, shaking my shoulders to release the tension that was building in me. The tension that wanted to rip this boy to shred.