2.6

*****

I let the waves carry the board under my feet as I twisted my hips and land back on my left foot, allowing myself to fall off the board, and tumble into the water. I kicked my legs, throwing my head back as I took in a breath before looking up at the night sky, smiling softly before I got back on my board. I huffed at my atrociously long hair coming out of the bun I'd put it in, trying to calm down before I got scissor happy tonight.

Sighing, I paddled my way towards the shore where Jasper sat on a towel in a swimsuit, reading. I smiled as I looked at him. Undoing the strap on my ankle, I adjusted my swimsuit to make sure nothing fell out or came out before I got off the board in shallow water and began walking. As soon as I exited the water, steam began to come off me, drying me at a faster pace.

I walked towards Jasper who'd been looking at me ever since I got off my board. I smiled at him widely, planting my board next to me before I sat next to Jasper.

"Enjoying yourself?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Oh yea, the waves out here are much harsher than the ones in La Push, makes it a lot more fun," I told him with a small grin.

It didn't take long for Jasper to scoop me up, and put me in his lap, making me smile at him as I continued to dry my body. I sat in content as he held me closely, my body internally warming, always happy to be near him. There was a full moon tonight, and my body relaxed even more at the sight of it.

"You know we could get married right now, it could be super quick," Jasper mumbled.

"Skip the giant ceremony, make it one and done before the next conflict that may or may not pop up," I chuckled. His laugh followed mine, with him setting his chin on my shoulder as he held me even tighter.

"Show up married with no one but Charlie knowing that I proposed?" Jasper asked making me laugh as nuzzled against him.

"Unfortunately, no matter how fast we move Alice will find us, and probably kill us," I said and he laughed as he nodded in agreement.

"You're right my love. Plus, I'm assuming we'll only be getting married once, so when it comes, we might as well make it as dramatic as possible," Jasper said. I chuckled, my now dry hand reaching up and patting his cheek lovingly.

"When are we leaving again?" I asked him. He sighed a bit before he kissed my cheek softly.

Don't get me wrong, I loved and missed my family and pack, but it would be a lie to say I didn't prefer such an easygoing life with my mate. I mean that's what every Human Shifter wanted, a calm, peaceful life with the one they were made for. It was in the mate bond nature, for Jasper to be the most important person in my life, even before my family, and the only people that were more important were the little people that were made between mates. It was that way for Aunt Lydia, and for Aunt Lydia and Uncle Hank before her boys and I came along, and it was currently like that with Uncle Thomas and my Aunt Sandra. Mind you, in the first 3 months of knowing one another, Uncle Thomas and Sandra were married, that's how potent the mate bond was, it was kind of scary actually when you think about it. Still, now that I have a mate I finally get to understand the strength of it.

"A week," he told me. I smiled a bit before I nodded.

"Even though I have loved being with you all the time with no concrete obligations, it'll be nice to see everyone again, won't it?" I asked him and he nodded softly.

"A 2-month vacation? Should we make it longer next time?" Jasper asked, his playful smile charming me.

"Yeah, but let's wait a bit huh. I can already tell we're both going to get chewed out for not telling anyone," I said with a sigh and a small chuckle.