⩥ 𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗼 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘅 ⩤ | 𝗞𝗲𝗻𝗺𝗮 𝗞𝗼𝘇𝘂𝗺𝗲 𝘅 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 [Pt. 3]

"Kenma I-"

"I think I like you."

It's been three days since you 'confessed', but your heart is still dwelling on the fact that he basically rejected you. He didn't respond to your confession, but instead he shrugged it off and just smiled. Nothing else happened. And now you're here.

"I think I found them," You hear Kenma's soft voice.

"Oh, that's it!" You say as he hands you the soup you were looking for.

You're with him in the grocery store, and he offered to help you shop since Yoshi ruined almost everything in your fridge. The only thing is, you've never been here, so Kenma has been doing most of the locating.

You push the cart forward through the aisle, heading to where the meat is. Kenma walks behind you, his hair in his eyes like always. His hands hold his game in front of him, eyes focused on the small screen.

When he's not playing he's very good at locating things, like soup. And the right brand of bread. And everything else, too.

He hasn't talked much, but you find his presence rather soothing. It's strange. You've always been unsettled by silence, but it's different with him.

"Kenma," you turn to him, embarrassed, "do you know where the bathroom is?"

You suddenly have to go.

He points to the far corner of the store, not lifting his eyes from his game. "There."

"Okay, thanks," you say, "can you watch my purse?" 

The last thing you need is someone stealing your things. 

Kenma nods and you run off. 

❤ ❤ ❤

You quickly walk back to where Kenma is, embarrassed about taking so long in the bathroom.

You spot him from a bit away, but before you can call out his name, someone walks up to him.

A guy with black, messy hair pats him on the back. You walk up to the boys, still confused.

"Oya oya?" The stranger says, "Who's this Kenma?"

Kenma looks up. "Just my neighbor."

You smile, but your heart feels strange and tight. 

Just...his 'neighbor'? That's it?

"Hello," you introduce yourself, "I live next door to Kenma."

The stranger smiles. He seems intimidating.

"I'm Kuroo. Also Kenma's neighbor."

What?

"Have we not met before?" You ask Kuroo.

"Probably not," he says, "I've been on a trip the last few months, but I live in the apartment to the right of Kenma's."

"Cool," you nod, not sure what to say. You weren't aware Kenma had other friends.

If you two were even that. 

Friends.

"So," Kuroo turns to Kenma, "can I stay at your place for a few days? My A.C. broke."

Kenma shrugs. "Mhm."

They seem to be really close. Maybe it's time to go home.

"Anyways," you say Kenma, who's next to you, "I think I have everything I need. Thanks for the help, Kenma. Tell Yoshi hi for me."