⩥ 𝗕𝗼𝘆 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗕𝗶𝗸𝗲 ⩤ | 𝗛𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗮 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘆𝗼 𝘅 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 [Pt. 3]

(NOW AN INDIVIDUAL BOOK)

You run home, out of breath, going as fast as you can.

No. No. No. It's not true.

You were waiting for the game to start when you got a phone call from your neighbor.

"Hello?" You answered the phone.

"Oh my! Dear, please come home! I was going to deliver some cookies to your granny and check on her, but she's not here!"

You immediately went home, apologizing to Yachi and the team. 

You had told your neighbor to check on your grandma every once and awhile before you left. She's an older lady, and cookie making is her specialty. You thought she could keep Grandma some company.

Grandma's missing? That's crazy. She wouldn't just leave, would she?

You didn't want to miss the game, and Hinata's face when you left saddened you, but she can't be missing. She can't be.

Your neighbor's car is parked in front of your house, and you see her pacing on the porch.

"Where is she?" She frantically asks you.

You ignore her and run inside, not bothering to shut the door.

The house looks the same, but Grandma's bed is unmade and she's gone.

You notice some dirt on the floor.

The garden.

You run out the front again, passing your worried neighbor, and hurry to the garden.

It looks normal, but one of the tallest sunflowers are drooping.

You run up to it and see your grandma sitting at the base.

"G-Grandma?" You whisper and sit next to her.

She looks at you, her face pale. 

"Isn't it beautiful?" She says, referring to the drooping flower.

"Y-yes , Grandma. What are you doing out here?"

She sighs. "I can feel it. I'm nearing my end. But so is he."

Your eyes start to tear up and you wipe your face. "Grandma, if you feel bad, let's go to the hospital."

You try to grab her hand, but she shakes her head.

"He's dying too. I want to die with him. Such a beautiful flower," she says, stroking the stem of the sunflower.

"I remember planting it with you, way back when. I remember it like yesterday," she smiles, "Darling, please, when I'm gone, don't worry. Just replant the dead flowers. Replant them with someone you love."

❤ ❤ ❤

Grandma died that night. 

It's been two weeks since she passed, and you're not sure what to do. 

Should you go to school? Get a job?

You don't need to take care of anyone anymore, so you have more time on your hands.

But you wish you didn't. You would've sacrificed everything for her. If only she had just lived a little while longer.

You sigh and continue shopping, heading home a while later.

The house looks the same. You couldn't bare to change anything.