29

John's POV
I was doodling out of boredom. I the heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I called.

The very man came inside. Thomas sighed and closed the door behind him. I knew something was bothering him.

"Thomas, is something bothering you?" I asked.

"Can I talk to you, John?" he didn't make eye contact.

"Of course you can." I smiled.

He sat in my bed. I got up and moved next to him. He still refused to look at me.

"Is everything going alright?" I started to get worried, he didn't seen alright.

"I just...ugh!" he put his head down and covered his face.

"Come here." I pulled him into a hug, he hid his face in the crook of my neck.

Thomas started to sod. He hugged me tighter. This made me worried even more. We stayed in this position for a few more minutes. Before he slowly pulled away from me, this time he looked at me in the eye.

"What's wrong? You can tell me anything, Thomas." I smiled at him.

Thomas sighed and looked away from me.

"Just...please don't hate me after I tell you this." he said. I smiled and held his hand.

"Of course I won't get mad at you." I kissed his hand, he blushed and moved his hand away from mine.

The Virginian let out a heavy sigh and held both of my hands. He looked at me, I can see...fear in his hazel eyes.

"Tell me, Thomas." I stroked his hair. I was also starting to get worried.

He sighed and opened his mouth to talk.

"John Adams, I know you might hate me after everything I put you through. Im sorry, my John. I know sorry isn't gonna give you back four years of your life of fear." he held back tears. "All I can say is, I love you, John. You're my everything. I love everything about you."

I was in shock. I felt my eyes almost out of their sockets and my heart to my throat. I was speechless.

"I love your attitude. I love how you hug me when I'm upset. I love how you let me cuddle and kiss you. You're the most handsome man I ever laid eyes on. I love you, John. With all of my heart, I love you." he continued.

We stayed in silence for what felt like hours. Just staring into each other's eyes, not moving a muscle.

"Thomas...I-I don't know what to say." I finally broke the silence.

"I'm sorry, my John. But I just can't keep my feelings for you a secret anymore." he looked guilty.

"Thomas...may I also tell you something?" I smiled.

"Yes you can, John." he said.

"I can't love you back." I looked at Thomas, I saw pain in his eyes. "When I loved you first!" I switched it up.

He looked at me in disbelief.

"You...love me?" he blinked his eyes, trying to test if he was dreaming I guess.

"Is that even a question!?" I laughed "I adore you!"

Thomas started to let out tears of happiness.

"I thought you hated me!" he started to cry.

"And why would I hate you?" he giggled.

"I already hate myself for what I did to you! I never expected you to love me!" he answered.

"I loved you all four years I was away, Thomas!" he laughed.

"You did!?" he stroked my hair.

"Of course! I loved you all the way to the chopping block, Thomas." he hugged him.

He wrapped his arms around and started to cry of joy. I hugged him too.

So there we were, crying because we love each other. One of the happiest moments of my life. We again stayed like this for a few minutes before he slowly pulled away.

He then asked me the question I always wanted to hear him say.