17

John's POV
After that accident with Thomas yesterday, he never looks or talks to me. One of his servants told the people about it. Luckily, she doesn't know about the kiss and how I rejecting his feeling for me. Nobody knows about it.

Now, rumor has it that he is gonna execute me. And this time, he's really gonna do it.

But judging by the way he acted after I rejected, he looks like he won't dare execute me now. But, history will tell me.

It's not like I didn't enjoy the kiss, I loved it. But it was from the person that signed the death warrant on me.

I still was used to wear light grey and no wigs, so that's how I still dress now. I was picking some flowers from a bush in the other side from where the kiss happened. It had shade luckily.

I was putting them in this little basket that I found in my room.

I then glanced on where the sun was, and saw a shadow of someone. My first thought was
Thomas, it was not.

It was a gentleman, with fancy black and white clothes and polished shoes.

"Can I help you sir?" I asked.

"James Reynolds." I sighed as he gave me yet another letter.

Letter? More like twenty letters!

"Thanks?" he looked as confused as I was.

"I'm confused." I admitted.

"I am too, Mr. Adams." I laughed and left without another word.

Once he left, I sat down in grass and counted the letters.

Twenty. Nine to be exact!

I rolled my eyes as opened them. His stupid flirting of course.

Dear Adams,
I miss you, when I go to bed, I still feel your body next to mine. I sometimes still hear your begs for mercy. They put a smile to my face. It's better when I have dreams of those beautiful nights we had together. Good times. But stupid Jefferson just had to let you out, didn't he? I was as horrified as you were when news spread he signed the death warrant. I was actually there as your execution. Tears in my eyes. I was overjoyed when Jefferson brought you back. But it ended when he brought you to live with him. I still love you though.
~James Reynolds~

A/N idk how flirting works

I hated him more then I hated anything! I don't love him of course. It was a living hell when he was in charge of me. This of course allowed him to do whatever he pleased with me. I always knew I was gonna suffer more hell when  I heard the door to my cell open. I mean he will harass me every night for four years. I sometimes was on the literal edge of punching that stupid face of his-

I calmed myself down, and went back inside. I hid the 29 letters where they rest were and sat on my bed.

"I need to talk to Thomas tomorrow. Even if the accident was yesterday, I had to save my reputation of being sent back to prison or executed while I still can."

I sighed and rested my head on my hand.

"He's always in his office, I could met him there." I smiled to myself.

"I hope I don't lose my head in the process." I murmured to myself.