A Wilting Flower (Pt. 2)

Katsuki looked up at the sound of footsteps only to stare straight into nervous, green irises. The freckled boy was making his way over to him slowly, playing with the hems of his sleeves anxiously. Katsuki locked his phone and slid it into his back pocket as he leaned on the chain of the leather swing he was sat in. Deku stopped a couple feet away from him, still obviously unsure.

 The blonde just rolled his eyes and slapped the seat of the swing next to him, sending pieces of chipped red paint fluttering to the soil beneath them.

 "Hurry up and sit down, shitty nerd. I don't wanna have to pick your ass up from the ground if you have another breakdown."

 Deku gulped but nodded, hesitantly taking a seat on the swing next to Katsuki. His hands gripped the chain tightly and his eyes stayed trained on the ground.

 Honestly, Katsuki had no idea what he was doing. He knew he wasn't the best with words- he wouldn't be able to offer any comfort, and there was no way Deku didn't know that.

 The school therapist, whom he'd gone to see at school earlier in the day, told him that sometimes all someone needed was a person willing to listen. He wasn't sure if that was really enough, but it's not like he knew of anything else to do. He could be honest with him and offer his advice, but he knew he'd probably just end up being too harsh and scaring the little shit off. Plus, there were some things you just couldn't give advice for. He hadn't gone through the things Deku had and continued to.

 The blonde was confident about most things, having navigated the majority of obstacles in his life with an ease others envied, but there was always something about the nerd that had forever stumped him. When it came to those green curls and freckled cheeks, Katsuki usually found himself at a complete loss, and it seemed now was no exception.

 Speaking of green curls and freckled cheeks, Deku was still just staring at his stupid red sneakers and choking the metal chains to death.

 Katsuki huffed and, before he even really thought about it, clicked his tongue and said, "Just fucking spit it out, already!"

 The nerd flinched slightly, and the word 'Shit' briefly flashed in Katsuki's mind, but then Deku was gathering his wits and taking a shaky breath.

 "I…" the timid boy finally broke the silence, "I think there's something w-wrong with me."

 Katsuki raised an eyebrow. He hadn't been expecting that.

 "I don't- I don't really know how to explain it to you. It's kind of like static. Like my head is just full of it. It's all I see, all I hear, all I f-feel," Deku's lips grew wobbly, a clear sign the tears weren't far behind.