Calm Before the Storm (Pt. 2)

He whipped his head around to see a guy- Kuro, his nametag helpfully supplied- with dark gray hair and matching irises standing in the spot the other girl had been before. He had a piercing in one ear and a wide, menacing grin that showed off his abnormally sharp canines.

Izuku felt his stomach sink as recognition and delight flashed in the boy's eyes. He'd come to the counter to exchange his tickets for a present his mother would like, but it seemed as though that wouldn't be happening. At least not with the way the guy was leaning towards him, looking entirely too amused at the way Izuku instinctively shrunk away.

"You are, " he purred, his rancid breath hitting Izuku in the face. The timid boy had to use every ounce of willpower he had not to bring a hand up and clamp it around his nose as the stink curled around him.

"What the fuck are you doing here, huh? Trying to pretend like you're normal?" Kuro laughed, "You don't belong here, freak."

Even though his words were harsh, he didn't look annoyed or angry. He simply looked entertained. Izuku's mood crashed.

"I-I just want to get a prize," he started, willing himself to look into the other boy's eyes. "I'll go away then."

The gray haired boy raised a thin eyebrow.

"Really?" He said, "And why should I listen to someone like you ?"

Despite the fear and uneasiness festering inside him, Izuku refused to back down. He wanted a gift for his mother.

"Please. The prize isn't for me," he tried, his pride swelling slightly at the lack of stuttering.

The guy rolled his eyes and leaned over on the counter, getting comfortable.

"I don't give a shit who it goes to in the end. I ain't giving shit to you." He told him, his amusement beginning to wane.

"Come on! I haven't done anything to you!" Izuku pleaded, his frustration temporarily overpowering his sense of self-preservation.

Kuro scowled deeply at the raise in Izuku's voice; the mirth in his eyes replaced quickly by disdain. He moved out from behind the counter, walking briskly towards an increasingly fearful Izuku.

"You talkin' back to me you useless fuck?" He spat, reaching out to grasp Izuku's shoulder. The green haired boy squeaked in alarm and clenched his eyes shut as he was shoved, fully expecting to land hard on his ass, but was instead met with the feeling of a hard chest slamming against his back. He slowly opened his eyes, confused, and was met with the sight of Kuro looking over his head with a stunned look on his face. Before he could turn around and figure out for himself what the hell was going on, strong hands were gripping his biceps and righting him.

"You fucking nerd, can't do shit by yourself, can you?"

The familiar voice had Izuku whirling around at warp speeds, his heart in his throat. Sure enough, upon turning, he was met with an intense red glare and iconic blonde spikes.

"K-Kacchan what are you-"

"Bakugou? The fuck? Why're you defending this quirkless failure?" Kuro cut him off. He was essentially asking the same thing Izuku was going to, though, so he didn't pay the interruption much mind.