Dusk (Pt. 1)

Deku wasn't at school.

 It was the first thing Katsuki noticed upon walking into the building, when no puff of green hair invaded his personal space to greet him. There were no radiant, verdant eyes peering at him from across the room, no soft, incessant muttering seeping through the dull muddle of other conversations.

 “Hey Katsuki! Mind feeding me my noodles at lunch? I want the Midoriya treatment.” Extra #1 jeered as Katsuki neared the idiot duo. Instead of replying, Katsuki turned and ripped his locker open with way more force than necessary, the sheet of metal rumbling in his hand and making an awful racket.

 “Woah,” Extra #1 backed up a step. “Someone’s cranky today. Miss your bedtime?” He snickered at his own joke, using his elongated fingers to grab the other extra and use him as a human shield when Katsuki swiped at him.

 “Shut the fuck up. I’m not in the mood to put up with your idiocy today.”

 “You’re never in the mood for our idiocy!”

 “You just called us idiots, idiot.”

 Katsuki groaned, plucking his textbooks out from their metal prison with more vigor than usual and slamming the door shut. He could feel the extras’ bewildered eyes on him as he shoved them into his bag, muttering curses at the zipper on his bag for ‘being so loud, annoying shit', but he ignored them, turning on his heel with the intention of walking away without another word.

 “Hey Tsusho, I think I know why Katsuki’s really upset,” Extra #2 started up, effectively halting Katsuki. “He’s lonely because his boyfriend isn’t here.”

 “Oh yeah, that’s right, Midoriya isn’t here today!”

 “Poor Katsuki, doesn’t have his punching bag to hold hands with.”

 “Wonder why he’s not here today. Maybe he got tired of Katsuki’s attitude.

 “Hah, imagine being rejected by Midoriya of all people.”

 Katsuki turned back to the two with a glower settled firmly on his face, the veins in his forehead pulsating as he lifted his palm and let the threatening sparks fly. “You should probably shut the fuck up while you have the chance, extras.”

 And true to their cowardly nature, they both put up their hands in surrender. Katsuki growled and let his hand fall back to his side. He walked off down the hall towards homeroom and they stepped into line behind him, quiet save for the occasional whisper.