Burning in the Red Sunset

Izuku's legs were killing him. So were his arms. Actually, just about everything was killing him, he decided as he lugged another half of a car across the beach.

 His muscles cried out in retaliation and he grit his teeth to keep pushing forward. All Might cheered him on in the background, pumping his fist and shouting encouraging words at him. It was enough to get one final tug out of Izuku, successfully getting the car to where it needed to be, but not enough to keep the exhausted boy upright afterward.

 He collapsed to his hands and knees, shaking, as he gasped for breath. All Might was next to him in a second, towering over him in his buff form, and patting his back with a bit too much force while offering praise.

 "You're doing so well, Young Midoriya! You'll make a fine successor, indeed!" The man offered him a thumbs up and Izuku gave a wobbly smile in return.

 "But I have to ask, Young Midoriya…" All Might shrunk back down to his emaciated form in a puff of smoke, his smile faltering a little and his eyebrows pinching together. This earned a look of confusion and concern from Izuku, who was just beginning to breathe normally again.

 "Are you sure you're alright, my boy? You're getting dark circles under your eyes and you're getting more exhausted during training than you should! Perhaps the regimen I created for you was too intense for your body?"

 Izuku felt a momentary panic squeeze his heart at his mentor's words. If All Might found out about the job he'd gotten at the local convenience store, he'd get worried and likely cut back on Izuku's schedule. He couldn't let that happen- how was he supposed to become a hero if he didn't keep working hard?

 "N-No, I'm fine, I promise!" He rushed to assure the older man, hands coming up and waving wildly as if to physically disperse those thoughts.

 At All Might's doubtful look, Izuku added, "Really! I'm fine! I have a little trouble sleeping sometimes, but it's nothing to worry about, honest," he said, not telling the full truth, but not lying either.

  "I can do this." Izuku said, forest green eyes filling with a quiet determination as he looked up to gaze into his instructor's eyes.

 All Might studied him carefully. They sat there in silence for a long minute, All Might seeming to ruminate heavily on Izuku's words, before the man finally sighed and let his shoulders drop.

 "All right, if you're sure. Just make sure to tell me if there's something more going on, alright? You're the future number one hero, afterall! I have to make sure you're healthy and happy,"

 The skeletal man put a large hand on Izuku's shoulder and offered him a kind smile to which Izuku returned with his own.

 "Thank you, All Might!"