; chapter 15

"So, let's start from this side. I'm Mark, the oldest of this group! I'm sure you don't remember me but I taught you some knife-throwing skills-"

Since Jeno had woken you up, Hongjoong decided to let Decim introduce themselves to you before you left. Although you still felt a lot of pain in your arm and would've liked to stay under the care of Renjun, you couldn't bring yourself to disobey Hongjoong's orders. 

"Was I as close to everyone else as I was with you, Jeno?"

"Not necessarily. You and I were close because we had opportunities to work together more often, but you do have some memorable moments with everyone."

You felt the same feeling of anxiety and uneasiness as you had felt when Seonghwa first introduced you to the members of ATEEZ. However, you undoubtedly felt more comfortable being around Decim - almost a comforting and homely emotion.

"You really weren't the best at it," San laughed, cutting off Mark's introduction.

"No, she was really good... she got it pretty much right away actually. Her aim has always been spot on."

Hongjoong glared at San as Seonghwa elbowed his arm. Decim knew you way better than them and definitely sounded more convincing about it. Hongjoong's guard had risen immensely which wasn't gone unnoticed by the members of his group. Even Jongho took notice of the slight shine of sweat building up on his leader's face.

You, on the other hand, lit up at Mark's words. Hearing his sudden praise had made you feel more confident in yourself and began to strangely trigger muscle memory as if your hands remembered the texture of the knives handle before you threw it at your target.

And it made you more confused about Ateez than you were before.

When asking Ateez about your past, they always seemed eerily unsure and paused between their words more than Decim. It was similar to comparing friends that knew you for years versus those you had met a couple of months ago; the way they would describe you would be very different.

"Anyway," another voice spoke up, "I'm Jisung. Unlike grandpa Mark here, I'm the youngest of the group. I didn't really know you much since I was recruited only a year ago."

"He's an asshole but you get used to it," Mark sneered as Renjun laughed into his sleeve.

An unfamiliar boy stood up as Mark and Jisung squabbled on the side.

"I'm Na Jaemin but you probably recognize me the most out of everyone here," he smirked, gently taking your hand and placing a kiss on the back of it.

You looked at him blankly, feeling surprised at his flirtatious behaviour. However, the feeling of his hand felt all too familiar, his touch lingering on your hand even after he moved his away.

All the boys of Decim hit his back as they groaned, pulling Jaemin back into his seat.

"(Y/n), are you really sure about telling Jaemin you like him?"

"Stop laughing Akio. Aiko said it was a great idea!"

Looking down at your hands, you tried to hide the blush that was growing on your heated face, "I think I remember you- "

"You think?"

Jisung laughed as Jaemin threw his head down, shamefully setting his head onto Jeno's shoulder who absentmindedly shrugged it off. You let out a small laugh as you watched Jeno ignore Jaemin.

Jeno's eyes met yours as a smile grew onto his face.

"I guess that means I'm up then," he spoke, standing up and making his way towards you. "I'm Lee Jeno, and I used to be the closest one to you in this group."