; Chapter 10

"(Y/n), you didn't kill my dad!"

Who is this boy and why does he keep showing up in my mind...

"You know, you can blame yourself as much as you want but you'll always be just as important to us as you've always been. You'll always be a part of-"

Your eyes widened as your body jolted up. You breathed heavily as you looked around at your surroundings, not recognizing the room wor the bed that you were lying in.

"Oh great, you're awake!" Your head snapped to the side as you heard an unfamiliar voice exclaim in seeming happiness.

"Who are you..." you quietly asked the boy at the edge of your bed. You held your throat, however, as it hurt to speak.

"I'm Huang Renjun! I know you must be surprised right now but I'm a good friend of Hongjoong's," he explained, standing up to pick up a glass of water from the other side of the room, "you got shot in your last mission and I patched you up."

You accepted the glass of water from his hands, slowly swallowing the cold water as your throat felt immensely better.

"Why did you help me... Ateez has a medic from what I remember" you asked in confusion.

"Who? Jongho? He only knows the little things!" Renjun laughed, "I taught him as much as he knows and trust me, he'd panic when asked to handle taking a bullet out of someone."

Attempting to sit up, your arm failed to lift up your weight as it bent back down. Renjun came to your aid immediately, "you shouldn't put too much strain on your left arm... the bullet went straight through your shoulder."

Groaning, you fell back into the safe position Renjun had put you into before as you took a deep breath. "So where is Hongjoong, anyway? And the rest of them?"

"They're all outside," Renjun chuckled, "they've been so worried, especially Hongjoong."

You scoffed at the thought of Hongjoong feeling worried for you. After the way he had been angry at you for just looking at a picture on a table, you doubted that he would ever care about you in any sense of the word.

"How is she doing?"

You looked up in haste at the recognizable voice that had entered the room. "Jongho?"

"Hey, (Y/n)," he spoke softly, walking towards you as to not startle you in any way, "like I said, how is she doing?"

"She's a lot better than I thought she'd be. With how deep the bullet went into her shoulder, I didn't think she'd wake up this fast!"

Jongho smiled at the boy's words. After all, you did wake up even after being in a car with a bomb in it.

"But she shouldn't be walking around too much yet or put a strain on herself. I don't know when you all were planning on heading back but for now, I'd suggest staying here. That means either she stays alone or someone stays with her."

Sighing, Jongho stood up as he signalled Renjun to follow, "we should talk about this with Hongjoong and Mark as soon as possible then... (Y/n), we have to leave you alone right now but just focus on getting some rest."

You stared blankly at the closed door, confusion and fatigue taking over your mind. You were unsure about how you had gotten in this situation again, injured and in the blue.

"(Y/n), you didn't kill my dad!"

As if on cue, you grabbed onto your head as pain erupted through your skull. The voice in your head was creeping more and more into your thoughts like a sickness. Your mind swirled with questions of what was embedded into your thoughts; who was this boy? The voice didn't sound like anyone in Ateez so it had to be someone else, but who?

Sighing, you decided it wouldn't help to dwell on the topic and that you'd wait for Jongho or any of the boys to come back.

"(Y/n)... are you awake?"

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you heard an unfamiliar voice call your name behind your door.

"Who is it?"

You looked carefully as the doorknob twisted open, only to reveal a tall boy with dark hair and chiselled features. He approached your bed slowly with his hands out in front of him not to scare you. "I'm Jeno... I'm a member of this group. I don't know if you remember me-"

"Remember you? I'm supposed to know all of you?"

You didn't know if you sounded harsh, but Jeno's face suddenly turned into one of sadness.

"Yeah, I mean...'

"I'm sorry," you answered before he could continue, "I lost my memory... so if I don't remember you I apologize."

Jeno sighed, looking down at what seemed to be a piece of crumpled paper in his hands. "It's okay, I didn't know. You don't have to apologize either! it's not like it's your fault... well I guess I'll just leave you to rest-"

"No!" Before he could leave, you grabbed onto the boy's wrist, stopping him in his tracks. "The boys in Ateez never tell me anything about who I was before... Can you?"

"Ateez, huh," Jeno grumbled in annoyance before sitting on the edge of your bed, "well you were a kind but strong person, to say the least. Strong mentally and physically, you could kill even me in an instant if you wanted to."

Unknowingly, a tear fell from your eye as you listened to Jeno's words.

"You used to be full of spirit and were honestly someone that I looked up to. Even though we didn't see each other a lot, when we'd run into each other during missions I swear it was the most fun I'd ever had.

Suddenly, a sharp pain spread through your head but you didn't react to it.

"(Y/n)! I think I'll beat you to the finish line this time," a young boy laughed pompously.

"I met you when we were kids... do you remember that? Do you remember anything? Anything at all?"

"I remember..."

"I won't lose again, Akio will help me like he always does!"

You held our head as the pain suddenly got too sharp to bear with tears pouring down your reddened eyes.

Jeno looked at you in concern but he tried not to provoke you in any way, wondering if you actually did remember him and your past memories.

"Jeno..." you breathed out, "why can I remember you, but none of Ateez?"

"Why, if it isn't Jeno! Awe, look at how close you two are getting again." Jeno looked up, glaring at Hongjoong who slammed the door open while interrupting you. "Even though I'd love to leave you here longer, we have a group meeting in the main room and Mark wants you to join," he continued, a knowing grin spreading across his face.

"Shouldn't I join too-"

"No, (Y/n). You need to rest," Jeno answered, however, you understood that he was stopping you on purpose through the pleading look of is eyes.

As the two boys left your room, you sighed as you held a familiar pendant tightly in your hands.

"Akio... who are you and why do I remember your voice... but I can't remember you?"