; Chapter 9

Hi everyone, before we start this chapter I'd like to apologize for missing chapters that I literally never noticed I missed to publish. In all honesty, I publish the chapters on my Quotev before Wattpad so I sincerely apologize for not noticing. I'm not sure if these simply got deleted or not but this wont change any other story beats BUT these are important chapters for understanding further on. AGAIN IM SO SORRY FUCJJBFSJB

-

"But why does she get the red one?"

"Pink can be for boys too, silly," a soft, motherly voice laughed to the boys complaints.

"Pink is my favourite colour, son!"

"Don't worry, maybe you and (Y/n) can share the toys so that way the colours won't matter. Is that okay with you dear?"

"(Y/n)?"

Who are those people...

"(Y/n)?"

Why can't I see them... or see anything...

"(Y/n)?"

Your eyes widened as your heart was beating heavily. Despite your vision being foggy, you were able to see where you were. Laying in a large bed, under red, satin sheets, you looked up, only to notice a familiar boy sitting at the edge of the bed.

"(Y/n)! Thank god you're awake!"

"Rei?" you groaned as your head had ached in pain.

"In the flesh... you took quite the fall," he laughed awkwardly, "I was really worried so I brought you into my room and waited for a while to see if you'd wake up. I guess I should've called for help though..."

You smiled, questioning the boys intellect as he hadn't even called for any help while you were lying unconscious on his bed. "Thank you anyway, Rei."

"It's nothing," the boy blushed. "I found this necklace on the ground though... Is it yours?"

He help up a gold necklace with a pendant you'd recognize anywhere. In haste, you took the prized accessory out of his grasp and held it tightly in your hands. "Yes, it's mine. Thank you... again."

"I hope you don't mind but I looked at the pictures inside it," he began with guilt lacing every word, "but get this, I recognize the woman in the picture! Is she your mother?"

Confusion fogged your mind as you listened to his words. "A picture of a woman? There's no-" As you opened the pendant, your eyes widened as a small image of a woman slipped out from behind the picture of yourself as a baby. "Who is this..." you whispered to yourself.

"I'd recognize her anywhere. I remember she was a close friend of my mothers and often came to visit us! She was such a kind person... but she stopped visiting about two years ago. I wonder what happened."

"Two years ago?" You questioned in surprise, getting up from the bed quickly until Rei guided you back down.

"Please, don't stress yourself... Yes I haven't seen her since two years. When I was little she would always come and help my mother with any sorts of chores she needed to get done. But after a while, I started seeing her less and less until she just stopped visiting completely."

Your heart fell at the limited amount of information Rei had known. Although it was more than you ever knew about her before, you did wish for a little bit more.

"Did she ever talk about a daughter?" You slowly questioned.

Rei looked up in thought as he slouched on the bed, "a daughter? I don't even recall her ever talking about her family if she had one. She was never much for talking about herself... she would always focus on us and our family."