Prologue

Izuku wasn't having the best day of his life. You'd think with the first week of middle school you'd make more friends and have a good school life. Not for Izuku. The same old bull. Baukgou Katsuki, affectionately nicknamed "Kacchan," was still a tormentor for Izuku over something he didn't have control over; something no one has control over, really. Izuku lives in a world where most of the inhabitants have a unique superpower or "Quirk" as many scientists have called it. Izuku was a minor part of the population that didn't have Quirks.

With Izuku being quirkless, he was treated like a worthless bug. He wasn't even considered human after the age of 4. Much to Izuku's dismay, Bakugou found out, and thus began Izuku's eternal bullying and harassment. But Bakugou crossed a line in class. He told Izuku that no one wanted him on the earth anymore and to take a jump off the roof. Izuku was shocked, but not surprised, as that was something he would say. That didn't make it hurt any less.

On the way home, Izuku was attacked by a slime villain, and him being weak and having no quirk, he couldn't defend himself. But All Might stepped in and saved the boy, gave him an autograph, and leaped off into the sky. But something was off with the weight and noticed that the boy was attached to him.

All Might landed on an 8 story tall building to let the boy off. All Might was about to leave, but not before Izuku asked him a burning question that he had been dying to ask him: "Can I become a hero, even without a quirk?"

All Might stopped in his tracks and thought about it. He turned to the boy and gave his answer before leaving him on the tall building:

"No, you cannot become a hero without a quirk. It's a good dream, but you can't defend yourself against someone with a powerful quirk. I'd think you'd be better off as a policeman or a doctor. Now I must leave, young man, excuse me."

Izuku stared at his feet, the words replaying in this head-on loop. "No, you cannot become a hero without a quirk." At that moment Bakugou's words also entered his head. "Why don't you take a dive off the roof? Maybe you'll gain a quirk in your next life." Izuku's eyes started to water, and he began to believe what Bakugou said. No one will miss me, I have no friends, the teachers don't care, mom doesn't care... I'm completely worthless! he thought hopelessly. He could feel himself start to spiral into despair. It'd be better if I was dead.

Izuku stood there for 5 minutes. At some point, he dropped to the ground and started to cry silently. He back was up against the fence, his head hit the bars and he looked to the sky and the clouds as they flew by his phone in his hand. Izuku thought that maybe this would be his last day, and he would jump. He was tempted too, anyway. Should I...? He looked over the edge, gazing at the plummeting drop into the street below, which was busy with people and cars scurrying about. Izuku gulped. All his pain and all his troubles could be gone with one leap over the edge... it was crazy but that's what it sounded like to him...

...But the sounds of someone landing on the building snapped him out of his trance. "Hey kid what are you doing up here?" a man asked gruffly. Izuku looked up at a strange man, who, with all due respect, looked homeless. Long black hair, black outfit that looked like it needed to be washed, a large grey scarf upon his neck, and his face which looked like he hasn't slept in weeks and had a bored expression.

"I-I can't seem to get down from here," Izuku stammered. His face blushed red with embarrassment, trying to avoid talking about what had happened between him and All Might. Izuku had tried the door, but it was locked so he was stuck up on the roof. The man gave an annoyed huff. "Alright, kid let's go." Izuku got up and grabbed his bag, the man's scarf rose and that's when it hit Izuku: this was Eraser Head, the underground hero. Izuku felt guilty for mentally called him homeless earlier.