14.

Strange behaviour and Mission
debriefing

~The Present~

I stand and stare awkwardly in the midst of them having been caught, I nervously wave and give a floppy smile.

Rich all but snickers at my attempt to eavesdrop. 'So you're an eavesdropper'. He mimics my last words to Olivia and snorts as I groan but a small smile graces my lips, I catch a glimpse of Jackson glaring at me from my peripheral vision but pay no mind to it.

'Welcome Assassin 14, I do not really condone prying or eavesdropping. Would this be a problem?'. Agent Minus asks as she raises a firm questioning eyebrow.

'Of course not ma'am'. I say respectfully in hopes of not pissing her off any more than these morons are doing.

'Good but in this case it was convenient you were there, as you heard there's a mission coming up. I will debrief you all on it later today and this week will be used to get you all ready and geared up, I've checked you-alls statistics and abilities and with just this weeks training you will all be ready to go on the mission'.

'Now one question'. I look at her awaiting her question as she clears her throat.

'Would you like to be put on this mission?'. She asks as I arch my eyebrows in shock and confusion. Never have I been asked if I wanted to be on a mission, no Assassin is ever asked, they are assigned based on their skills and must and will complete the mission, so this explains the look on my face as I stare at her.

'Uh...yes, of course I would want to be on this mission'. I say as she nods and I watch as an almost microscopic smile makes its way onto her face and it's gone as soon as it appears.

'Good'.

I slightly frown as questions bubble up in my head, and as if reading my thoughts she asks.

'Any questions?'.

I nod calmly and open my mouth to talk when she raises her finger, silencing me. I clamp my mouth shut as she looks over to Jackson and Rich and nods at them.

'You both have said your minds on situation of the mission and it has been disputed, Assassin 14 is on this mission and that is final'. She directs her words and her sight on Jackson who just silently scuffs and folds his arms.

'Leave us'.

They both get up and walk out of the room. Agent Minus gestures for me to sit and I do so.

'Your questions'.

'Why?'. I ask incredulously, different questions going through my mind at once, none making it's way out of my mouth. She seems amused with my one word question as she stares at me with a humour filled gaze.

'You have to elaborate Assassin 14'. She says as she leans back into her large chair. I stare at her calculated look as she watches me, the tiny smile appears again on her face and it makes me wonder.

'What's so entertaining?'.

'My first question is why would you ask me if I wanted to be on this mission, generally as Assassins we're placed on a mission based on our skill. We're never asked to be on one'. I ask as I fold my arms. She interlinks her fingers and leans forward.