9.

Gossip and debriefing

~The present~

Diana's POV

I walk into my room not bothering to listen in on the others conversation. I smile at the interior of the relatively large room.

Everything in the room looks monotone, just dark shades of grey, black and white. A grey covered bed at the corner of the room, a black bed side table with a grey shaded lamp on it, a doubled shelf just over the bed with multiple books already on it, a door probably leading to the bathroom to the left of the room and a closet beside the bathroom door.

I look up and stare at the white ceiling which was splattered with black paint giving the room character. I walk over to the window facing the door and pull aside the blinds, I stare at the deserted space surrounding the Circle and sigh.

I hear a knock on my door and immediately spin around getting into my fighting stance, I stare at Kekoa with a smile.

'Hey kiddo'. He says as he walks over to me and sits on the bed, the bed dipping at his weight.

'Hey'. I say as I sit beside him, I look at the grey carpeted floor and let out another sigh.

'What's up Keiki?'. He asks as I shake my head and give him a small smile. 'It's nothing I'm just thinking, is this what Mom really wanted me to do, to be?'. I ask doubting myself and all I've worked for. Kekoa puts his arm over my shoulder and shakes me a bit.

'I know that your Mom would be proud of whatever path you took but I'm sure she's happier that you took up her legacy, now get comfortable, I have to go and your stuff has been sent over'. He says as I smile, we both stand and make our way to the door.

'What about Artemis and Zeus, can they stay?'. I pout and give him doll eyes as he groans and rolls his eyes.

'I'll talk to China, anyways gotta go, don't miss me too much'. He smiles as I roll my eyes and punch his shoulder playfully.

'As if'. He hugs me and waves goodbye, I put my hands in my pockets and watch him walk away, once he's out of sight I turn around and walk back into my room without an idea of what to do next.

I decide to walk around a bit and see this part of the Circle I've never seen before, I pass other rooms where Assassins stay and a lounge for us to relax in, I'm about to pass when I hear my name.

I'm not an eaves dropper but I just needed to know why they were talking about me, I see Keanu open his mouth to talk.

'I can't believe she's here, we all had to work so hard to get here and all she does is say her name and she's in'. I shake my head and smile. These people know nothing about what I've done and how hard I've worked to get here.

Alexis is the next person to talk as she plays around with a knife in her hand. 'She only got in because her mother was the best assassin and isn't she meant to be dead'. She chimes into the conversation as they all nod and murmur in agreement and confusion.

'If that's what you think then you know nothing about her'. I hear a male voice say, his back turned to me, his head down as they all turn towards him.

'And you do?'.

'All I know is that she's Assassin 14 and she's that for a reason, and she's most certainly not dead'. He says as he turns around, his eyes catch mine and I see it's Rich, he gives me a smile as they all turn towards me.