Chapter Six

Hinata

I walk up to the gates and greet Neji and Hanabi, this morning I sent word to them that I wanted to come tonight but I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. Well at least I was able to come. They each grab one of my arms and we all head inside. As soon as I walk through the door I rush over to otousan and wrap my arms around him I know I should probably bow or do something respectful, I just-

"Hinata," he says, and I wince at the harsh tone of his voice. "It's good to have you back." his voice softens, and I smile. Hanabi rushes over to us dragging Neji with her. They all envelope me and I softly smile into my father's robes.  

"Lady Hinata, you must be hungry. Go, have something to eat." Neji says, we all leave the hug, and I go over to the table. There's zenzai, cinnamon rolls, and all my other favorite foods, I gasp and everyone lightly laughs. Turning red I grab a cinnamon roll and fill a bowl with zenzai. Glancing around there's no one else. Not even one person. While Hanabi's talking to Neji about how she wants to start having training matches against him, I silently activate my byakugan and glance around the compound. There's plenty of chakra signatures, and I can bet from the food that Hanabi and Neji prepared for a while. Father wouldn't have came without telling the other clan members. So why did no one come? Does no one care? Do they still think I'm weak? Obviously, they do. Father's already left, and Neji looks like he wants to leave. Hanabi's to self-absorbed and is only talking about herself so she doesn't mind being here with me. But other than that? No one wanted to come. 

"Hinata-chan!" Hanabi calls, I deactivate my byakugan then turn around. "When will you come stay here?" 

"I'll get my stuff from Sasuke-kun's place and move here tomorrow," I assure her, with no real intent of coming back. Father hasn't spoken to me about reinstating me as heir, so he obviously still thinks I'm weak. No one came to welcome me, and I'm fine helping Sasuke out. 

"Really neechan?" Hanabi asks happiness in her eyes. Maybe I was being a bit dramatic over Hanabi, but still, I do not want to come back here. I slowly nod, trying to seem excited, then she switches from adorable Hanabi to 'I need to embarrass you as much as possible' Hanabi. 

"How's living with Sasuke-kun~" she stars. I immediately flush and mentally slap myself, I should've known better to call him 'Sasuke-kun' in front of Hanabi. 

"It's f-fine," I say I can already tell my face is on fire. Hanabi just giggles and I hear a voice coming from the gates. 

"Hyuga," he says. I quickly turn around to see Sasuke himself standing by the gates. He just leans against the gate with a smirk on his face. Did he hear all that? Hopefully not...

"You coming?" he asks. I quickly hug Hanabi and wave goodbye to Neji then start after him 

"I didn't know you were going to visit your family," he says. 

"I f-felt like I should meet e-everyone." I stutter, curse my stupid stutter! Why can't I get over it? 

"Hn." 

After walking in silence for a while I speak up. "How are you feeling?" 

"Fine. I even got some training in," he says, sounding proud of himself. 

"Y-you trained?!" I almost scream. "Sasuke-san that's bad for you! You're seriously hurt, and could die, but all you care about is your training." I stopped and turned to face him, now I'm actually screaming, but because I'm me, it isn't that loud. But I think I get my point across because Sasuke genuinely looks sorry. 

"Sorry," he mumbles. I relax and then smile.

"Just-" I pause, "be careful Sasuke-san." 

"What happened to Sasuke-kun?" he smirks. I flush and he just laughs. "You really are a piece of art Hyuga." At that I probably turn ten shades darker. "How dark can you go?" he laughs and I slap his arm. After that, we walk back to his house in a comfortable silence under the stars. 

--

Hey guys! I know this chapter's short, but I'm trying to update at least once a day so. I'll probably be updating shorter chapters every day, because I really hate writing long ones. Also, I didn't know what to write when Hinata met the Hyuga, so if you think something should be changed please let me know! Like always if you want to see something or have an idea please let me know! I would love to have your input. Also, I know it was Sasuke's turn for a chapter, but all he's doing is laying in bed, sulking, and risking his health training That's it for now~

So I just wanted to point out, Hinata's harboring feelings of resentment to everything and everyone. That's why she doesn't seem like fluffy happy Hinata right now. Don't worry, things will get better soon!

-Ari out