016 | My Gut Hadn't Lied

Y/N's POV:

I sat down and simply looked around at everyone who was dancing while Caius laid his arms around my waist as he put his head on my shoulder. I didn't know why, but I laid deeper in his touch and left my head on his; it even felt good.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Aro talking to Marcus with his back towards us, but Marcus could see what we were doing and simply smiled to himself, thinking.

"Caius, dance with me!" A random bitch walked up to us with a green, silk dress, showing off everything except her nipples. This is disgusting. My dress was already a little too exposed for my liking, how can someone walk around like that? Caius looked up from our embrace, an answer already written on his face. ''No.'' ''But why not?! Baby, since that one, steamy, lovely night, you never wanted to do anything with me again!" the woman now stated while trying to look intimidating. "He said no, now leave," I answered for Caius. "I am not talking to you, little slut!"

Everyone fell quiet, and looked at what was taking place, I was red with anger, which made me stand up. ''You do that one more time, and you will regret it; obviously, he never talked to you afterwards; you were just a toy to him. Back when I was little, he already did that to the little whores who spread their legs for him after having seen him for not even a second.'' If eyes could kill, I would be lying on the ground right now. But she knew she couldn't do anything; I would kill her.

She took one desperate look at Caius, which made me growl loudly, letting her walk away out of the castle to never be seen again. After a few seconds of silence, the music started again, making everyone talk and dance.

Caius's POV:

I was surprised about how Y/N acted so jealous of some girl I fucked years ago, but somewhere inside me, it made me feel special, like I was special to her. I hugged her again while snickering softly, making her look up with a raised eyebrow. "What?" "Nothing, you're just very cute." She looked away with rosy cheeks. "Can you—can you come dance with me, Caius?" This made me laugh; Normally, she would drag me along with her and force me too; what has changed to make her so insecure? "Of course, but should I?" I tried to make her confident again by laughing, so she forgot her behavior—something that worked. Y/N laughed, stood up, and dragged me along with her as she danced around like a madman.

These years have been weird for me. I went from trying to hate this girl to trying to ignore the fact that I liked her. I didn't want to hurt her. I've made a lot of enemies in the past few years, and I didn't want to show anyone I cared about her. I didn't want them to see that as an opportunity to hurt me by hurting her. Thankfully, I do not fear that anymore; she showed me that she is truly a strong little vampire.

"Lord, do you mind me taking this beautiful girl on a dance?" I looked up to see a black-haired vampire I didn't recognize; he seemed familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. That's why I hesitated, but before I could answer, a woman with blond hair took me with her. I gave Y/N a pleading look, making her realise I didn't want this.

Y/N's POV:

Caius didn't want to leave my side; he made that very clear with his eyes. "So, ma'am, do you want to take this dance?" When I turned around, I saw the man bowed down with his hand extended toward me, waiting for me to take it. "I don't see why not." I took his hand, but the moment I did, the music slowed down. We positioned ourselves, and I didn't like it at all. I had to keep my act up so as not to be rude, but it was rather hard. It was only a dance; that takes two minutes, I'll surely be fine. "I am grateful that you agreed to dance with me, ma'am." He tried to start a conversation. I don't like him, he feels weird, and my gut is trying to say something I do not understand. "Well, it is just a dance, not that special." I smiled back, probably the fakest smile ever, but better than a growl. "If it's just a "dance," then why didn't you let Lord Caius dance with that woman?" he asked. "Those are personal matters I don't even understand, sir." I gritted my teeth while trying to smile. I didn't like him. Why is he so noisy?"

After the dance was finished and I tried to walk away, the man held onto me, trying to take me with him to the balcony. ''Leave. Me. Alone.'' I snapped at him, but he only smiled. "I am not planning on it, dear; you will have to wait for a little for me to do that." "You know what I can do, so you better let me go; otherwise, I will take my first vampire life!" Now I screamed in a high-pitched voice. "Oh, dear, then you don't know me, do you?" After those words left his mouth, my sight left me; I was blind.

"What are you doing?" I screamed towards him, not knowing where to look. "Every talent has a weakness, dear; blindness is for you; you don't know on whom you're focusing, because you can't see, so you can't do it," I screamed at the sound of his voice, then heard the wind shift around me; he was on the other side of me, and I pretended I didn't know. ''Did you know that strong, special gifts can be given to their offspring? Imagine a whole army of vampire children, even more, dangerous than normal vampires, with your gift and mine!'' He now whispered in my ear.

I should rely on my hearing and smell to get away. Before I knew it, I was thrown onto his shoulder, and within seconds, I was thrown into what felt like a dungeon.

Caius's POV:

After I disposed of the annoying woman, I searched for Y/N but couldn't find her, which is weird. I asked my brothers, who didn't know either, and I let all the guards search around the castle, but no one could find her. Until Dimitri smelled her faint scent and flew through the window. That guy...