Senior Year

My High School experience was more hectic then I thought it was going to be. So much happened throughout these past 3 years...being bullied...dealing with babies...crazy family members...but after everything that happened there were some highlights. I got closer with my best friend, made some new friends like Prince and Janet and Marlon. Best of all I met my amazing boyfriend who I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

Now that Marlon and Brooke Graduated and moved on with there lives planning to take care of Katie, I wanted our senior year to go as smooth as possible. After all this was our year and we really needed to make up for everything terrible that happened. We had Prom and Graduation to look forward too and nothing could stop all the fun we were about to have.

And with the love I have for the three closest people in my life I really wanted all of us to be together. I know that after high school everyone ends up all going there separate ways. That's when friendships fade away and you possibly never hear from those people ever again.

I wasn't going to let that happen. Aaliyah, Prince, and Michael were my everything's and I wasn't going to let them go so I invited all of them to my house to discuss what we all wanted to do with our futures and hopefully all agree on one college.

Michael came home as usual and kissed me. "Did you go in your room yet?" He asked and I shook my head. "No...I haven't been in my room since the talent show, when I stay at your house for a few nights" I said looking confused. He giggled and ran upstairs.

"What is this boy up to now?" I said to myself following him. He ran into my room and shut the door still laughing. I opened the door and I see Michael laying on my bed. "What the fuck" I said as my eyes grew wide. My walls were completely cover in Posters of Michael.

 My walls were completely cover in Posters of Michael

"You like it..." I heard Aaliyah say behind me. I turned around and Aaliyah and Prince had evil grins on there face. "Aaliyah I can't believe you did this to my room" I said giggling. Some of the pictures I had never even seen before. "They printed the posters for my bad album early but there not on the market yet...you're the only person who has it" he said covering his face with his hat trying not to laugh.

I smiled... " Michael I see you everyday..." I started, he got off the bed and stood in front of me. "Now you can see me more" he put his arm around me and we walked pass Aaliyah and Prince all the way downstairs to the living room.

Aaliyah and Prince followed us. We all took a seat on the couch and I pulled out a giant book that had every college in the United States listed in it. I dropped it on the coffee table and it made a loud bang that made everyone flinch. "Ok guys I called you over here today because...our high school friendship is going to be a lifetime friendship...so we all need to agree on one college so we can be together and never loose each other." I said confidently.

Aaliyah hooked her arm into mine and rested her head on her shoulder. "How do we narrow it down?" She asked. "Great question" I said while flipping through the book. "First and for most...are we staying in California for college?" We all looked at each other and said "nahhhh".

"To much shit happened for us here...let's start somewhere fresh" Prince said suddenly taking interest. I smiled while looking at the book, I'm really glad they all decided that we should stay together, I thought I was going to have to convince them. "Ok so what do we all want to do in the future?" I asked. "Sing" Aaliyah said. "Sing" Prince said. "I want to be a model" I said. "I want...KFC" Michael said while pulling out his phone. We all looked at him with blank faces.

"What? I'm hungry" he said while dialing the restaurants number. I shook my head "Michael wants to sing...so we have to find a school that can..." I got cut off by Michael "Can I get a large order of the original recipe..." I rolled my eyes. "Michael...really?" I said in a serious tone. "What? I'm ordering for everyone" he said covering the microphone with his hand. "Michael can you order that in the kitchen please".

He slowly got up and walked to the kitchen with a smile on his face. "You got a keeper" Prince said chuckling. "I got a prankster" I said back smiling. "Ok let's be serious we need to narrow down these colleges...we need to find performing arts schools" I said flipping through the pages.

"How about Fisk University?" Aaliyah said as she picked her head up off my shoulders. "Where is that?" I asked. "It's in Nashville, Tennessee" Prince said.

I flipped through the book until I found it. "Hmm Fisk University is a private historically black university its 40-acre campus is a historic district listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It's an elite and affordable small liberal arts institution with a unique focus". Prince and Aaliyah smiled, "the best part is they major in modeling and singing". Aaliyah said.

"It looks like Fisk University is a go" Prince said and we all shook our heads. "What I miss" Michael said as he sat back on the couch. "We're all going to Fisk" Aaliyah said excitedly. I gave Michael the book and let him read about it and a smile appeared across his face. "This looks great...do we all agree with this?" We all looked at each other and smiled. "Yes" we all said. We leaned in for a group hug.

Nothing was going to stop us now.