Silver Suit

Today was the day of the talent show and Michael didn't want me anywhere near the music room. Aaliyah luckily kept me distracted. "All I'm going to say is that Princes performance is going to be great" she said skipping around me. Aaliyah looked so cute in her outfit. For once she wasn't in a tomboy styled outfit. She had on a cute top and distressed jeans.

"Aaliyah can you tell me anything about what Michael is doing?" I said easing it into the conversation

"Aaliyah can you tell me anything about what Michael is doing?" I said easing it into the conversation. She stopped skipping and just looked at me. "Um...." she said looking around "hey look there's Prince I got to go" she said running off towards him. I tried to grab her but she ran off. I rolled my eyes and sat in one of the seats in the auditorium.

I looked at Aaliyah and Prince and they were practicing there dance. I looked off backstage and see Marlon. I quickly leaned forward in my chair to get a better look. As soon as he looked at me he quickly ducked behind the curtain. I got up and ran on stage. As soon as I spotted him I screamed his name and he quickly jumped out from behind the curtain and ran. "Ahhhhhhhh" he screamed as I chased him. He ran around a group of people then out onto the stage.

"Marlon you better stop right now" I said running out on stage after him. "Hey...hey no running on set" the teacher yelled but I ignored her. All I wanted was Marlon. Once he got himself stuck in a dead end I tackled him and we both fell to the floor. "Look man...Michael told me not to say anything" he said nervously as I grabbed the collar of his shirt. "Why is he so secretive...you better tell me!!"

"Ahhhhhh" Marlon screamed. I covered his mouth and gave him a stern look "stop making this more difficult" Aaliyah and Prince ran behind me and pulled me off of him. They dragged me off stage and I kicked my feet and flailed my arms. "Nice try Jasmine but we all made a promise to Michael to not let you find out" I groaned and let them pulled me back to the auditorium seats with my feet dragging.

About 20 minutes later I see parents and students start to flood the auditorium. Michael sat next to me and kissed my head. "Hey Jasmine are you ok?" He asked while grabbing my hand. "No...but I'd feel better if you tell me what you were doing" I said smiling at him. "Just meet me on stage when they call my name" he said giggling. He kissed me and then walked up on stage and disappeared behind the curtain.

My mother came and sat next to me. "Sweetheart are you not performing?" she asked. "I don't even know Michael won't tell me anything". I pouted and she leaned my head in to her chest. "I'm sure he has a good reason." She said.

By 7pm the show was about half way done. "Ok everyone our next performance is by Prince singing his song kiss" the announcer said. Prince walked out holding Aaliyah's hand with a guitar around his chest. My mother suddenly took an interest and leaned forward. He started playing the guitar then soon made a sound that almost mocked a moan.

Aaliyah started dancing around him and her hands were all over him

Aaliyah started dancing around him and her hands were all over him. The whole performance had everyone's mouthes open it was truly jaw dropping. This was Princes way to show off his guitar skills. "You don't have to be rich to be my girl...you don't have to be cool to rule my world...I just want your extra time and your...kiss" Prince gave Aaliyah a kiss and then they both bowed.

The crowd went crazy and even though I was shocked the performance was amazing. "Wow...that was...really something..." the announcer said walking on stage nervously laughing. "Lets give it up for Prince and Aaliyah next up is Michael Jackson performing..." Michael coughed and shook his head no. The announcer looked confused and just shrugged her shoulders "give it up for Michael" the audience started clapping as he walked out on stage.

"Mom I got to go now" I said kissing her head. I ran up on stage and Michael held his hand out for me to grab it. "Just say this..." then he whispered in my ear. "But Michael..." I started but he raised his eyebrow and the music started playing.

He gave me a look and I knew it was my time "Nakupenda pia Nakutaka pia Mpenzi we" I said looking at him confused and the beat dropped

He gave me a look and I knew it was my time "Nakupenda pia Nakutaka pia Mpenzi we" I said looking at him confused and the beat dropped. Dancers came out and as I watched them Michael started singing "Liberian girl you know that you came and you changed my world..." I turned to look at him and he held my hand while he sang to me. I looked at the dancers and while I watched them I noticed that on the screen behind them was pictures of Michael and I fading in and out.

I looked back at him and he had this sparkle in his eyes and I almost cried at how he made a song about me and his love for me.

"I wait for the day, When you have to say, "I do", And I'll smile and say it, too, And forever will be true...I love you Liberian girlllll all the time" he grabbed me and pulled me close. He placed his forehead on mine and sang the last hook to me. He kissed me passionately and everyone was clapping. It felt like the very first time he kissed me. It felt magical. He hugged me and we bowed to the crowd as we got a stand ovation. I looked down at Aaliyah who was standing with Prince and my mom and she smiled at me clapping and jumping up and down.

Michael was so romantic and this surprise was totally worth the wait.