43

Chapter Forty-three

Ling Miao was so shocked his mouth dropped open. He suddenly wanted to see Su Yuyang’s expression, but… alright, he didn’t want to go see Su Yuyang’s expression. He was worried that when he saw Su Yuyang, his own mouth wouldn’t be able to close.

A notification for the group flashed. Ling Miao clicked into it. The last message was sent by Su Yuyang.

Shu Yang: Let’s change it.

Blue Unease: Shu-shu, you aren’t afraid of losing, are you?

Shu Yang: I don’t think this is suitable for a wager.

Blue Unease: And ‘woof woof woof’ is suitable? I’m not a dog and I’m willing to post ‘woof woof woof.’ You’re not gay, so why are you unwilling to post “XXX is dominant, I’m a submissive”?

Shu Yang: And if I am?

Chaos Paste: Shu Yang, what’s that mean?

Shu Yang: If I am homosexual?

Haphazardly Chopping Wood: Shu Yang, that joke’s not funny.

In the group, probably only Ling Miao knew that Su Yuyang wasn’t joking. Seeing the reactions from the group, Ling Miao understood why Su Yuyang wrapped himself up so tightly.

Ling Miao didn’t say anything. He exited QQ and went to write.

Su Yuyang watched the group messages. After Haphazardly Chopping Wood had spoken, many lurkers now emerged.

Pale Twilight: Shu Yang, if you’re homosexual, I’m kicking you.

Shu Yang: I’m the admin.

Pale Twilight: I’ll leave the group at once and cut all ties with you!

Shu Yang: Why?

Pale Twilight: No whys. I’m just not comfortable.

Shu Yang: I’m not.

Su Yuyang spoke against his heart, but his face was all smiles. His clear eyes were blanketed in a layer of mist and no one could see what he was thinking.

Haphazardly Chopping Wood: Scared me to death.

Professional Struggling Writer of 18 Years: So what if he’s homosexual?

Professional Struggling Writer of 18 Years was one of the few female authors in the group. She had written BL before, under a different pen name.

Shu Yang: Ah, let’s not talk about this. Keep word sprinting.

Su Yuyang worried that the matter would get out of hand, so he quickly got the conversation back on topic, but somebody had caught hold of Professional Struggling Writer of 18 Years and wouldn’t let go, insisting on arguing it out with her.

Seeing a good word sprint about to turn into a heated argument, Su Yuyang somewhat regretted bringing up this topic.

Su Yuyang had only had a flash of inspiration and wanted to test the group’s reaction to homosexuality, and… ah, Su Yuyang heaved a long sigh. “I’d better keep hiding.”

Su Yuyang looked at the group chat, where the topic had changed from homosexual people to human rights. Su Yuyang rubbed his temple. He swore that from today on he’d never again discuss anything to do with homosexuality in the group.

Suddenly the group chat flashed again. Su Yuyang glanced at the monitor. Mu Yu and An Yuan had appeared at the same time, as if they’d planned it. Both only sent a single exclamation mark.