Career

Iris' pov *flashback*

"Oli, you're so annoying." I groan,  sitting in the chair at the back of math. Oli rolled his eyes and sat next to me on my left.  We took out our books, followed by my pencil case. You see, Oli was never one to have a pencil case. He'd pick up stationary from random people from different grades, different classes and some teachers.

"Yeah,  but you love me." He said truthly as Mr. Potassium (A/N: I originally wrote Potato... So...) started the lesson on something I didn't understand.

Math was a foreign language to me. It was like an extra lesson of it only with numbers and  weird symbols which meanings I still didn't understand.  I was dreadful at math, the only way I actually got good grades was because of Oli attempting to tutor me. If tutor meant help me with maths whilst eating ice cream and watching The Grim adventures of  Billy and Mandy or Ed, Edd and Eddie with a side order of: Codename: Kids next door and Ben Ten, maybe some power puff girls and Kim possible along the way, then sure he 'tutored' me. But other all, Oli mainly did the work.

You see, I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere in life. I didn't have the skills to. All I could do was sports, art and music. However it was better than nothing. I mean I didn't seen myself a musician, artist of any kind or even a Olympic person. But I did get good grades in things like English,  Drama and so on but I still don't know what I see myself doing a few years in time.

As the minutes slowly crawl by,  I rip a piece of paper from my book writing on the first line: Help? I'm confused.  He rolled his eyes and ended up writing all the answers down for me on the paper and I just wrote them into my book.

The greatness of sitting with Oliver at the back.

-

"Welcome!" I grin as Ronnie, Kellin, Gabe and Tony flooded into the dimly lit room. "Join us, brothers."

"You're a right freak." Kellin jokes, ruining my hair with his hands. I jump out of the way, and start fixing my, for once natural, brown hair.

"Yeah, but that's good." Oli says, grabbing one of the bottles from the side under my kitchen table. He then passes it to me, and I take it in my hands.

"Circle, everyone, circle." I exclaim, they gather in a circle with me in it. Me, Oli, Gabe, Kellin, Ronnie and then Tony. "Drink the blood of our friends." I grin, taking a sip from the bottle, then passing it to Oli. It continues like that until it reaches Ronnie.

"You say it like it's literal blood." Ronnie snickers. "It's not even anything bad. It's Dr Pepper.."

"Which you've put food coloring in and f*cked up." Laughs Tony, passing me the now empty bottle.

"I know, but that's Oli's fault." I shrug, putting the bottle into the bin. "Plus, Mom isn't home, Mark's at work and I can't be bothered picking Nate up from school, he's not even my kid, so what they don't know won't hurt them." Ronnie gets an idea and looks through the cupboards to find something, causing me to sigh.

"Fancy having a party?" Asked Gabe, looking up from his phone and to Kellin.

"What, when?" Kellin questions, appearing next to Gabe, looking at this phone.

"Justin's house, tonight." Gabe tells him, he then looks at us.

"Who's Justin?" I ask, confused.

"Oh, you've not met Justin." Kellin comes to reality. "He's er.. a good friend of ours." Gabe nods.

"You'll like him." Gabe smirks. "Fancy going?"

"Who's going?" Ronnie asked, pulling what looked like Mark's beer can from the cupboard. He cracks open the top.I'll leave him to it...