The Meeting

At that momment, My heart stopped. Gerard Way was at my door? Was he lost? what's he doing.. well, here? wow.. wait a second. no. he.... no! Not possible. Mom walked behind me and saw him. She smiled slightly.

"Meet your Dad." She said quietly. I looked at her to Gerard, My idol, My hero, My- My Dad? Eyes Widened, I starred at him in shock. My throat closes up, like someone grips at it. I completely stop breathing. After what feels like hours of starring at him, like he has 2 heads, i noticed mom and him putting bags in his car. I don't get a say in anything any more, do i? No. I don't. I quickly ran upstairs, grabbing my electric guitar, which i named ' Marty '. I swing the case onto my back, i walked to my brother's room and opened the door.

"Hey and goodbye, Little man. I'm leaving for good." I smirk. "You got a bigger room. ask Mammoth boy to knock my wall through and have more room." I cause him to look at me in disbelieve. I then closed his door and left him and Jace in shock. I wondered back to the front door and walked to the gate at the end of our nicely cut garden. Mom places her hand on my back.

"Don't mess this up either." She growls behind me. "You probably will, just listen to him." She pushed me forwards with a strong force. I stumbled slightly, she slammed the door shut. I Straightened up as i walked to the back seats of the car, opening the door i placed Marty inside, closing the door once done. I walked to the other side of the car and both myself and Gerard sat in  the car. He re-started the engine and we drove out the street. we both sat in an awkward silence.

"So..." He begun. "You're my Daughter?" I nod. "What's your name?" I looked at him, with one eye brow raised. "I know. Your mom never told me, ever. So I don't exactly know much."

"Iris-Raine." I announced shyly. "My name's Iris-Raine. But call me Iris or Raine."

"Nice name, Your mother came up with a pretty one." He smiled. "I'm guessing your around... 16? due to the piercing." He quizzed.

"17, And yeah." I reply.  It was like a little Heart to Hear kinda time. But I can't blame him for not knowing these things. "February 22nd." I add. He nods. "and I know yours."

"How?" He asked a little shocked.

"My Chemical Romance, My friend. Best band ever. well one of them." I admit, shrugging at the end. His hazel eyes lit up, like fairy lights on a christmas tree. He smiled brightly.

"So you like MCR?" He asked.

"I just pointed that out." I laugh. "But yes, yes i do."

"Right then. That's good. We both have something in common then." He laughs slightly. I nod. "I'd go through all the basic questions to pass time, but i guess I'll be figuring these things out for myself in time."

"Well, atleast your not like some dads in fanfictions. they pile questions on you like: favourite songs, favourite band, music, films, actors, color." I  do a man impression.  I open up my checkered rucksack. "Mind if i put a cd in?"

"Nope." He smiles.

"Don't worry, It's not the backstreet boys or madonna." I chuckle. "for my own sake- thank god it isn't." I flick through my cds and come across Good Charlotte. I place it in the radio and press play.

"That I don't ever wanna be like you
I don't wanna do the things you do
I'm never gonna hear the words you say
And I don't ever wanna

I don't ever wanna be you
Don't wanna be just like you
What I'm sayin' is, this is the anthem
Throw all your hands up
You, don't wanna be you" I sang along quietly with Benji and Joel.

"So Good Charlotte." Gerard Muttered. Half way through the album, Gerard's phone rang. he sighed. "could you pass me my phone? It's in there." He nodded his head towards the Glovecompartment. I nod and open it up, retriving the phone. The ID caller reads as: Frank. As my iner fangirl was screaming, I passed the phone over to Gerard, who by now has pulled up in some street. I sighed and cross my legs as he answered the call.

"What's up?" He asked down the phone. Frank's voice sprang out the other end, and despite the phone being pressed up against Gerard's ear i could still quiet clearly hear the mainly muffled voice. "Right." I tilted my head to one side whilst watching Gerard- My Father. "Frank, Look I Can-" He stopped mid sentance and sighed defeatedly. "Fine, Fine. I'll be there in about... 20 minutes?" He ended the call after Frank said something. He locked his phone and faced me. "Seems, you are going to be paying the guys a visit at the studio." I don't know how to react. whether to be shocked or ... well... not fangirling?   I nod.

"Okay. Sound exciting." I smile. Should i adress him as Gerard or Dad?

-

We pulled up outside a building. So this is the studio? Okay then. We get out the car and walked towards the building and inside.first i find out that Gerard Way was my dad, now frank urgentaly rings him and Gerard has to go to the studio. He leads me to a room and i follow, like a lost puppy, turning my head scanning every part of the rooms and corridores to find anything new to me. He pushed open a big door and we were met with talking. The swang shut behind me, and i scampered like a little dog scared, towards Gerard. Standing behind him.

"Hey guys!" Gerard greeted. There was a chorus of 'heys' and a 'Hey, Man' from Ray.

"Who's she?" Ray asked, noticing me. He probably saw my red hair. I step out from behind Gerard.

"This is my daughter, Iris-Raine." Gerard told them, whilst I looked down at the floor which seemed interesting now.  I feel their eyes starring at me.

"Daughter?" Mikey's shocked coated voice asked. I nod, my red bangs falling infront of my eyes, so it came to a sharp point. I blew it up and it didn't move apart from fly up and down.

"Yeah, Clare's daughter." Gerard sighed. I then look up awkwardly, eyes flicking from me and to gerard.

"She does have a look of you." Frank's voice admitted from across the room somewhere. I looked down again, my cheeks flaming up. Oh good god, he's in this room. Better get used to it Iris, sweetheart. he's your dad's best friend. 

"True... same nose..." Mikey laughed. I laughed at his laugh. it was adorable. Everyone looked at me again. and I looked up at them and stuck my tongue out. They looked a little taken back at that. I grinned cheekily.

"Don't just stare at me." I mutter, Still grinning. 

___~~~____~~~______~~~__~_~__~_~_~_~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~_~_~~_~_~_~_~_~__~~_

Hi, thanks for reading once again. I'm planning on changing this chapter a bit more tomorrow. It doesn't feel right for myself and i think it moves a bit too quick.

-Lydia