Part X - Earth Shattering

"Naruto, there... is something that I need to tell you."

        Her own words made her knees shake, her words made her hands clammy, her words made her heart hurt. Naruto didn't look the slightest bit worried, but she couldn't tell if he was putting up a front or not. All she was worried about right now was that there was the highest possibility that she could lose him. The love of her life. The epitome of her existence.

        She closed her eyes, breathed deeply in and slowly exhaled it out, though she kept her eyes shut because she knew that when she told him, she didn't - no couldn't bare to see his reaction. Her lips trembled and she tried her best to find the right words for this; thing was, there were no right words for this, everything was wrong.

        Naruto's gruff voice stopped her before she actually started speaking, "[Name], look at me when you say it... I deserve that much, don't you think?"

        That was so true; he deserved her to be open and honest with him, she deserved whatever happened to her because of this chain of events. However, his voice held a undertone of hurt and betrayal, making hot, never ending tears flow from her eyes. When she opened her eyes and her gaze landed on Naruto looking down, still leaning across the counter, never once looking at her, she let out an involuntary sob. Her hands quickly went to cover her mouth and a few minutes later she finally removed her hands and took another deep breath before exhaling slowly again.

        "I.... cheated... on you.." 

        She watched Naruto's reaction closely, her words burned her throat, but when she saw tears dropping to the counter below him, her sob echoed throughout the room. "Naruto, I am so so sorry!! I never meant to hurt you! I never meant for any of this to happen!" While she was crying out these words of apology to her beloved, she had walked over to stand beside him, she reached out to touch him, but he slapped her hand away. Then he quickly twirled around to face her. 

        His eyes said it all, said everything that was meant to be conveyed between them, "I've never once cheated on you, [Name], ever. The thought never even crossed my mind. You were the one that I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with!" He motioned to his body with his hand, "And this, this is all fake, all pretend; I wanted you to tell me the truth because I knew you were keeping something from me. [Name] why?! Who's the man you had an affair with?!" Naruto's fists clenched at his sides, he bit his lip to stop himself from crying anymore than what he wanted or had to.

        So many tears were falling from [Name]'s eyes that she thought she may as well drown in them; they felt like they were never going to stop. Her voice came out shaky and laced with worry. She didn't want to tell him that it was his boss, it was Kiba. But, she owed it to him, at least.

        "Kiba..." Escaped from her lips in a low whisper. When she said it aloud, Naruto's eyes widened.

        "What the hell?! Kiba? As in my freaking boss?! What the hell, [Name]?!" He turned away from her and pounded the counter with his fist harshly. [Name]'s heart felt like it was getting crushed in an intense vice grip along with getting stabbed into the center a million times. She couldn't breathe...

        Naruto sobbed and gripped the side of the counter so harshly that his knuckles turned white. He wanted nothing more than to beat his boss to death, but he couldn't. How could they do this to him?

        "Naruto I-"

        "Save it [Name], I can't, not right now; I can't do this."

        He walked to their bedroom in large strides, [Name] trailing along right behind him. He didn't want to see her right now, he didn't want to hear her right now, he didn't even want to think about this right now. But, the betrayal was zinging through his heart and plaguing his mind. God, it hurts...

        He grabbed a large suitcase out of the closet, as [Name] watched, grabbed some clothes from the closet and dresser, got some of his things out of the adjourning bathroom they shared. Then he walked to the front door as fast as his legs could carry him; all the while [Name] hadn't spoke, until he reached for the doorknob. He stopped mid-air.

        "Naruto, are you leaving, for good? What's going to happen to us? Naruto, I love you so much, I'm sorry! Please don't go!"

        He never once turned around to face her, he knew he couldn't, tears flowed from his blue eyes and his hand shook terribly on the doorknob of their home. He didn't want to leave her; but he had to think, he couldn't stay here right now.

        "I don't know [Name]. All I know is that I can't do this..."

        With that he opened the door and walked out. As soon as the door shut, [Name] sobbed loudly, trying to catch her breath, and then she hit the floor, knees first. Years of loving each other all swirled down the drain. Was she going to lose him forever, because of her mistake? How could she do this?! She clutched at her chest, at her heart, and slowly lay her head on the floor. Tears spotted the carpeted floor beneath her, and memories of them always being together whirled through the forefront of her mind.

        "Naruto... Oh God..."

        What had she done..?

* * *

A/N: So sorry about all the angst chapters! This is a sad story ;_; Annnd I think I've lost some readers or something because the votes keep going down. Lolol. BUT, I'm going to finish this story eventually; even if no one else reads it! Hope you guys are liking it so far! Much love ♡