Part XVI - Results, and Moving On?

There was just something about coming to this clinic, lying on this table, and staring up at a stark white ceiling that made you think about things you put the side to forget about. Or at least, try to forget about. [Name] had put aside all, or most, of these feelings when she had found out that she was pregnant. When she found out she was carrying a living person inside of her, she felt as if the empty feeling in her heart was filled half-way up again.

        Sadly, as her thoughts ran wild her past ran up to her. Regret consumed her as she lay there, she wanted to cry, but couldn't, not anymore. Besides she was too nervous to, she'd save the tears until Doctor Tsunade came to her with the results.

        One thing she was definitely sure about was that her heart belonged completely to Naruto. And without him in her life she has never experienced loneliness like this before.

        A knock made her straighten up and hurriedly fix the wrinkles on her clothes, she forced an unwilling smile on her lips when the doctor walked in. Tsunade smiled as well, sitting some papers on the desk beside of her computer before walking up to [Name].

        [Name], however, had to fight the urge to just run up and peek at the papers, the papers that shined a light on her future.

        [Name] thought back on how she had to get DNA swabs from both Naruto and Kiba as Tsunade sat down on a desk chair in front of her and crossed her legs. Getting the DNA was awkward, but after her confrontation with Kiba she came to realize that if her prayers weren't answered and Naruto turned out not to be the father, she would hate it sure, it would definitely mean the end to her and Naruto for good. But, Kiba helping her to raise the child wouldn't be the worse thing that happened to her.

        "So, we've finally got the results in, [Surname]. Are you excited?" Tsunade asked her, a teasing smile on her face. [Name] just wished she came out with it.

        "A little."

        "Well, that's good, at least." She reached over and grasped [Name]'s folder and pulled out a daunting piece of white paper and handed it to [Name]. "Looks like the father of your baby is-"

* * *

        [Name]'s insides were a jumbled mess as she ran out of the clinic, a million and one thoughts running through her head at the results she received only a few minutes ago. Now, she cupped her pregnant belly with one hand while she ran down the sidewalks on the street. She had to see him, had to tell him that he was the father. She'd didn't know if she should be excited and happy or if she should be depressed and unwilling.

        Apparently, fate decided to deal her a hand she didn't expect, resulting in her dropping her purse onto the cold, cemented ground and staring wide eyed at the outside of a cafe in front of her.

        Naruto was there... with Hinata Hyuga. A girl that had loved him for forever. [Name] watched as they conversed, when the girl finished speaking and Naruto spoke back, he smiled and grabbed on to her hand.

        [Name]'s heart exploded in her chest. Her breathing stopped and her world flipped upside down. Was Naruto moving on? Hot, unruly tears fell from her [e/c] eyes as she turned around and ran away as quick as she could from the most horrible thing she had ever seen in her life.

        She had lost him..

* * *

        Naruto sighed as he waited at the cafe table on someone Sasuke had told him needed to talk to him. 'It's urgent' he had said. Then he told him, in a friendly, but not-so-friendly way, that maybe he needed to brace himself and maybe prepare to move on if [Name]'s baby wasn't his. Easier said then done.

        When Hinata walked up to him and sat down across from him with a blush dusting her cheeks, his blue eyes widened in surprise and he waited.

        "H-hello, N-naruto-kun."

        "Hey, Hinata. Um, not that I'm not glad to see you or anything, but what's so urgent?" He gave her a friendly smile and watched as her blush darkened and she looked down and fiddled with her hands anxiously.

        "W-well.." She inhaled deeply and then looked up at Naruto, determination feeling her pale eyes, "I know this is horrible of me since you've been having a difficult time with [Name] and everything, but I couldn't just sit around and do n-nothing. If you need anything, anything, I want you to know that you can come to m-me. I don't want you to think I have any ulterior motives, but I do just want you to be happy. And know that I am here for you."

        Naruto smiled, part of it was forced, because he knew how Hinata felt about him, but he appreciated the sentiment and reached out to place his hand on hers. Her face flushed red again, but his next words made the flush disappear and a sadness fill her eyes. "Thank you, Hinata. That means a lot. But... I'm sorry, I still love [Name]. Right now our future's a little bleak, and I'm not sure how we'll end up. Though... I can't rely on you like that, it would kill [Name], even if we aren't together, I don't want to cause her any pain. I'm not ready yet."

        When he finished speaking, he saw a running figure in the corner of his eye, when he turned and saw that it was [Name], his heart practically stopped.

        She's going to get the wrong idea!

        Naruto abruptly stood from his seat, "Sorry Hinata, I gotta go!" And then he set off in a dead run after [Name].

        "[Name]!!"

        He just hoped that he could tell her in time, because even though he didn't know if the baby was his or not. He wanted her to know the truth, he owed her that much.

* * *

A/N: Mwahahahahaha~! /cough cough/ Sorry for another cliffhanger, you're probably all saying, "WTF KraziiKawaiiXD what's your deal?! /flips table/ Haha ^^'' I'm sorry my lovely readers~! This is how it's meant to be at the end. So, you're probably all guessing at what's happening, who's the father, etc, etc. BUT, you'll have to wait for the long ass Epilogue that'll be out soon~! ;3

All questions will be answered in the Epilogue, and I mean ALL! Hopefully, you'll like the ending! :)

And I wanted you to know, the song I Never Told You, by Colbie Caillat, is EXACTLY what [Name] feels for Naruto -3- Just thought I'd throw that out there <3