Part VI - This is Different

She knew it was wrong, but the overwhelming wrongness of it really hit her when she was face to face with Kiba Inuzuka's front door. What the hell was she doing? This was a terrible idea! Since when did she go over to other men's houses? Especially ones that were trying to break her and Naruto up. What made this situation even worse, was that she was actually starting to believe that Kiba wasn't such a bad person.

        Kiba finally unlocked and opened his door and walked inside. Her eyes watched in fascination as a huge blur of white tackled him to the floor of his condo and his booming laughter filled the air around them. She couldn't help but smile as she took in the sight of an enormous white dog licking Kiba's face. Kiba turned his neck and looked at her, "[Name], this is Akamaru. Akamaru, [Name]. Isn't she gorgeous?"

        Her cheeks, once again, flushed in embarrassment from Kiba's endearment and Akamaru agreed with his master with a loud bark. [Name] smiled and walked inside, her eyes glanced around Kiba's condo taking in all of the expensive, but chic, furniture.

        Kiba stood up from his place on the floor and dusted off his jeans. "Make yourself at home. Do you want anything to drink?"

        A genuine smile upturned the corners of her lips, "Yes, a water would be fine. Thank you." She walked over and sat down on his black leather couch and stared around the room once more. Akamaru trotted over and nuzzled her hand with his head and softly barked, causing her to giggle. Kiba smiled at the two of them and started walking toward the kitchen, he turned back around once before heading in.

        "I'm going to order us some takeout. I'll be right back."

        [Name]'s [e/c] eyes glanced up at him, her hands petting Akamaru's large head. "Okay."

        Kiba continued on his way into the kitchen, as soon as he was gone, [Name]'s body jerked in surprise as her cell phone rang loudly. The ring tone letting her know it was Naruto calling. She panicked as she hurriedly picked up her phone. She stared at the caller ID for a few long seconds, the display saying Babe. She felt Akamaru lay his head in her lap and she noticed he was closing his eyes as she unconsciously kept petting him.

        She took a calming deep breath and then she pressed the accept call button, she brought it to her ear. "Hey! This is a surprise call."

        Naruto's voice met her from the other end, "Hey yourself. Yeah, it is. I'm on break right now, but I couldn't get you out of my mind, like always." He chuckled, "Listen, I just wanted to apologize for not being home as much here lately. I know I told you that I'd start getting more time off, but I honestly don't know what happened." She heard his depressed sigh and her heart started breaking. She already knew why he was working more, he didn't need to explain himself. The guilt started hitting her hard as she sat there, thinking of what to say back to him.

        "It's okay, Naruto. I understand how work goes. I know we'll get time to be together soon." It hurt her to lie to the man she loved, but she had no choice. She didn't know that a certain Inuzuka was listening in on her phone conversation.

        The guilt was starting to eat him alive. [Name] sounded heart broken, and he had caused it. He ran a shaky hand through his brown locks of hair. He had to make her happy again, if it was the last thing he done. As soon as she ended the call he walked back into the living room.

        "I just ordered our food. It should be delivered in the next fifteen minutes." He smiled and walked over toward the couch she was sitting on. She forced a smile and looked at him before looking toward the floor. That's when he noticed his dog had fallen asleep on her lap. "Looks like Akamaru really likes you."