Part XII - The Consequences Arrive

[Name]'s eyes gazed vacantly at the tiled ceiling above her while she laid on an examination table, bare, except for the hospital gown and small sheet-like-thing covering the bottom half of her. She was weeks into her pregnancy, and she decided that now was the time she needed to get this whole thing started. However, she still hadn't talked to Naruto, and she'd been ignoring Kiba's incessant phone calls and text messages. Kiba had even tried to visit her, but she refused to open the door to him and eventually he left.

        So far, [Name] had gone through the first of the morning sicknesses and weird cravings by herself. She had tried a few more times after she had talked to Sasuke to get a hold of Naruto, but eventually she had stopped. She didn't want to annoy him anymore than what she already had, and besides she knew he needed some time. And even though she was pregnant, she didn't want to rush to tell him, she had mixed feelings about this pregnancy. Of course she loved the baby growing inside of her, but that didn't solve the dilemma of her not knowing who the father was.

        She sniffled, trying her best to stop herself from crying as she waited on her OB / GYN. She honestly didn't know what to do, didn't know exactly what this examination would entail, all she knew, for a fact, was that she was unbelievably anxious. She had so many questions..

        A sudden knock on the door caused her to jerk upright and situate herself, not long after a busty, older blonde woman walked in wearing light blue scrubs and carrying a clipboard. The woman smiled at her, "[F. Name] [L. Name]? I'm doctor Tsunade Senju, you may call me Tsunade if you wish." She looked down and flipped through the papers on her clipboard, "The nurse that took your urine sample got the results just a few minutes ago. Looks like your four weeks pregnant, congratulations."

        [Name] grimaced, she didn't need congratulations, she needed the name of her baby's father. She held in tears that so desperately wanted to escape and straightened her posture, while she nervously twiddled her thumbs. The doctor went on.

        "I'm going to immediately give you a prescription for prenatal vitamins as soon as you leave here. We're going to perform an ultrasound first, so if you would, please lie back and get comfortable."

        [Name] lay back, she didn't know if she wanted to see a picture of the baby growing inside of her, her feelings were conflicted at the moment, especially considering that she was doing all of this by herself. But, this was all her fault anyway, she should just suck it up and get it over with, so she told herself.

        Doctor Tsunade didn't warn her when she raised [Name]'s gown up to her breast and put the cold gel on her abdomen. [Name] watched as she moved around and tried to find the baby, when she did, the doctor laughed softly, "There it is. Right now, your baby is the size of a poppy seed, it's small now but it's presently developing organs and some of them are even beginning to function. Would you like a picture of the baby?" Tsunade watched her, waited, eventually [Name] spoke up, "Yes."

        The doctor knew something was bothering the young girl, she didn't seem too happy about her pregnancy, she also didn't see a father by the girl's side. She didn't want to pry, this [F. Name] [L. Name] had left the father's name blank on the form for a reason.

        A few minutes later [Name] had completed her ultrasound and cleaned the gel off of her stomach. She was now sitting up and the doctor was reaching her a picture of the baby in an envelope.

        "You'll need to see me again in four weeks, the farther along in your pregnancy that you get, we'll make the visits more frequently. Do you have any questions?"

        [Name] bit her bottom lip, "Yeah, I was curious as to when I can get a prenatal paternity test done, to find out who the father is..." Her [e/c] eyes looked ashamedly at the ground, she really, really wanted to cry, but she couldn't, not now. Damn hormones.

        "Oh, that's no problem, some time during your tenth or thirteenth week of pregnancy, you can come in and we can do a CVS. A CVS is a procedure that collects DNA from the placenta to be analyzed. At this time, you'll have to have buccal swabs from both the mother and the potential father. Buccal swabs are performed by simply swabbing the inside of your cheeks. Before you swab though, you should come in and get the supplies. You usually receive the results within a few days." The doctor smiled at [Name], who was still showing an uncaring, zoned out expression.

        "Okay," was the only word that left the pregnant woman's lips, before she said, "Thank you..."

        "You're welcome. You can get dressed now."

        Doctor Tsunade finally left [Name] alone with her thoughts, this is when she broke down and sobbed. She covered her mouth with both hands to muffle the sounds and then a minute later she got herself under control. She cleared her throat and wiped her tear stained cheeks with her fingers. Then she hastily put on her clothes.

        Outside she told the receptionist about her next appointment, received her prenatal prescription through the window from the doctor, and went on her way. When she stepped outside the building her venerable [e/c] eyes took in the brunt sunlight. She covered her eyes as she placed a stretched out hand over her brow. She then proceeded to walk to her car. She'd try to call Naruto again later, this couldn't wait any longer.

        Meanwhile, across the rode from the clinic, sat a man in a suit with dark sunglasses on. [Name] didn't know it, but the man had been hired to follow her, and had been since she had left the house that morning. As soon as he seen her walk out of the clinic, he fished his cellular phone out from his pant pocket and dialed a number.

        "Yeah, boss, your girl just came out of a clinic. A pregnancy clinic."

        "Pregnancy clinic? Are you serious?" Kiba's voice questioned.

        "Yeah, boss."

        Well, shit. 

* * *

A/N: I'm not 100% certain about all the pregnancy stuff in this part, but hopefully it's correct ^^''