28 | all or nothing

Start from the beginning

"It's for all of us, dude. Relax. We're here to feast with her," tall guy Chanyeol plopped down onto the guest couch.

"Yeah, we're here for our sister-in-law," Kai added cheekily, grabbing a seat beside Chanyeol.

"Sister-in-law? Mm... I like the sound of it," Lay happily approved as he sat at the couch too.

I stayed silent and blushing, secretly enjoying all the teasing remarks from them.

With the members around, they took turns telling me stories to expose Jongdae's flaws. I spent the whole afternoon laughing away while Jongdae tried so hard to defend himself or shut them up.

Jaehyun stayed by my bedside to keep me company too, but he never really spoke until the two of us were given some time alone for a small talk. The EXO guys were too busy bickering among themselves to care about us.

"Why didn't you tell me? I can't believe I have to find it out through my brother," Jaehyun grumbled, shaking his head.

"It's not something for you to worry," I chuckled. "Besides, I'm awake now."

"Hey, I'm not kidding when I said I'll always be here for you. Give me a chance to prove myself, will you?" Jaehyun sighed. We locked eyes for a few seconds before I tore away.

I knew he was being sincere and genuinely concerned for me, but I couldn't accept it.

"You will forever and always be... my good buddy," I faintly smiled, looking down to my hands. "Thanks for being my friend when I was at lowest. Thanks for being there for me all the time."

This was me officially rejecting him while EXO was still in the background, chatting and laughing in their own world.

I didn't dare to look at Jaehyun for a while because I was afraid to see the hurt look on his face, but he hid the disappointment with a big smile.

"You're welcome. I'll always be around for you," he shrugged it off.

Even though I could tell that he wasn't okay behind that smile, I pretended not to know.

...

I thanked Jaehyun and all the members for visiting me and bid them goodbye when it got late. Mom and dad were coming back for me so I decided to send them off before my hospital room got too crowded.

Thank god I was given a VIP room otherwise everyone in the hospital would come around me drooling to see EXO.

Jongdae was the last to leave but neither of us wanted to release holding hands. So here we were, flirting with each other because we didn't want to part.

"Jongdae ya~" I said sweetly.

"When are you going to stop calling me that?" He asked, and a devil smile creeped up his face. "Call me oppa."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why do guys like girls who call them that?"

"Why? It makes them cute."

"Am I not cute enough?" I pouted shamelessly.

"Mmm," he leaned closer to study my face. "I think you can try harder."

I leaned even closer, looking down at his kitten lips. That part of him never fails to attract me. "I think you can try to make me say it," I teased lowly.

He bent lower and closer to meet my lips, and I closed my eyes for that sparks-flying moment to come...

"Jisoo ya! We're back!" Mom sounded as the door slid open on me again.