T W E N T Y - S I X

Comenzar desde el principio

"Come on, give me a good one," Jughead said, frowning, and gently tugged her lips back on his.

After about a minute, Betty pushed him away, resting their foreheads together. "I need to go," she whispered and pecked his lips once more before opening her eyes and climbing off of him. Her face was slightly scrunched up when she climbed out of the car.

"Something made you uncomfortable?" Jughead teased.

The blonde gave him an annoyed look when he jumped out of the vehicle, right over the door, and laughed. "What?" he said.

"You're being a jerk," Betty murmured, and as she was about to open the door on the driver's side, Jughead's arms wrapped around her, pulling her away from it. "Jug," she sighed, and attempted to look annoyed, but couldn't keep the smile off her face when he turned her around and held close.

"Am I still a jerk?"

"Yes, you're not letting me go."

"That's 'cause I love you."

Her eyes were full of amusement when she looked up at him. "When did you become so sappy?"

"The moment I laid my eyes on you."

"Oh, God. I think it's good I'll be away for a couple of days, so you can think over your brains and the way you speak."

"You like me sappy," he whispered against her ear.

He was right. Secretly, she adored it. She liked the fact that he never opened up to anyone else and put on this cold exterior for them to see, but with her, he was gentle and caring, and sweet. It made her feel special and wanted, and it was all she had ever craved.

"Don't you?" His words were said right into her ear, and the girl shivered at the demanding tone.

"Yes," she whispered, breathless.

"Good."

That word alone made her feel all hot inside. His voice was stern, arms strong around her, and the way he kissed her neck was almost unbearable. "Jug, I don't think I'll be leaving if you keep doing this," she silently said.

The boy sighed and leaned away after a firm kiss to her collarbone. "When will I see you again?" he asked, hands moving down to her waist to grasp it and hold her close.

"On Tuesday."

"Four days without you," he sighed, and then teasingly smiled. "Don't know how I'll survive."

Her hand collided with his shoulder, giving it a smack. "Stop it."

Jughead laughed quietly and leaned down to kiss her once more before letting her go. "Text me when you can."

"I don't know how long will my battery last, but sure," she said and leaned up to peck his cheek, making it a bit pinker than before. "I love when you blush," she mumbled.

"You also love when I make you blush," he pointed out, only making her roll her eyes. Again, he was right, but she wasn't about to confess that.

"I love you."

"I love you too, baby. I'll see you on... Tuesday." His voice was somber and slow during the last word, and Betty's smile slightly faded. She didn't know if being away from him for four days was going to be easy, either, all jokes aside.

"Bye," she whispered, taking a hold of his hand, and making it stay in her grasp as long as the distance between them allowed. Once it slipped away though, she silently sighed and walked back to her car, climbing inside.

"Have a great time," was the last thing he said before they shared smiles, and Betty drove away, toward her home, to pack.

The hiking trip was going to be nice. She could get away from her parents for a while, and spend time with all Fred, Archie, and Reggie who was going to tag along this time.