CHAPTER NINE ━ PEACHES AND SWEETS

Start from the beginning

Diego didn't say anything and turned to look back at the girl. He smiled and pressed his forehead against hers, placing his hands on the sides of her head. "I'm not letting you out of my sight."

"What about the bathroom?"

He stayed quiet before nodding. "When you feel comfortable." She closed her eyes and focused on his memories, but she stopped in one when she saw a girl and then her face being replaced by her own. She smiled a little when she could hear what Diego said, though, she mentally called him stupid for thinking she was ever dead.

"I need to come clean, sweetheart," he cut her thoughts off. "I kissed someone." When she opened his mouth. He quickly cut her off. "But I-I stopped when I noticed that it wasn't you. I swear."

"I know, Diego."

"How-oh... I forgot you can read minds," he chuckled breathlessly, but he winced in pain when she punched his arm. "Ow."

"That's for being a dumbass and kissing her, and for the fact that you told a random stranger about what I could do and what Paris can do," she said and he nodded, letting out a "I deserve that" while rubbing his arm. But she smiled and grabbed him by his shirt, pulling him down. "But I missed you and I love you."

"I love you, t—"

She kissed him and he kissed her back just as passionately. They could hear Klaus and Allison letting out small comments and Poet tried her hardest not to laugh.

"Ooh, getting a little action."

"Now that is a kiss."

When they pulled away, they smiled at each other before turning to look at the others. Diego walked towards Paris and fist bumped him.

"Did you cry for little ol' me?" Paris teased, a smirk lifting on his lips. Diego playfully glared at him.

"Shut up, kid."

"Vanya!" Poet exclaimed, jumping into the hug she was sharing with Allison. "I'm not your sister, but I'm a great friend."

"Really great," Allison repeated.

"I missed you."

"Another person missed me," Vanya excitedly said, wrapping her arms around Poet, too.

"Oh, that's so sweet," they heard Klaus comment before he wrapped his arms around the three girls.

"No. Jesus."

Vanya giggled. "Hi."

Klaus kissed her head. "Hey, Vanny."

"Klaus," the four turned to look at Five. "Is Ben here?"

Poet looked at Klaus and raised an eyebrow, expecting him to say "yes" but he lied. "Oh, uh... no."

"Kl—"

"No," Klaus cut him off, "unfortunately, ghosts can't time travel."

Poet tried to talk again but she frustratedly sighed when she was cut off again by Ben. "Are you kidding me?"

"Poet."