𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝟭𝟭 | Safe Home

Seth

Ápeiron?

"Let me think, please."

I plopped down onto the cold floor and buried my head between my legs.

Ápeiron-

"FÛCKING LET ME THINK."

"Thinking is dangerous, lord Ápeiron."

I almost giggled at his words. Blood dripped off my mouth as I tried to speak again, with much effort this time.

"Worship me."

He sneered and made another ghastly cut on my back. Even the reflection screamed pain. As I looked into the mirror, the image of my bare back grimaced back at me.

"You worship me," He chided.

"And yet you are the one calling me lord," I pointed out. My whole body ached at this point. My mind begged me to stop. Stop pushing myself for once. But my pride got the best of me as the fear of losing to my own demon took over my consciousness.

"I respect the rituals my lord, very much unlike you."

My lips curled into another smirk as he boldly stated that.

"I'm too wise to bow before the shrine of meaningless rituals."

He growled and whipped me again. I rolled on my back on the floor and howled in pain. The mirror infront of me showed a disastrous image of myself and the shadow hovering above me. My blue eyes looked unearthly as its reflection pierced through the mirror.

"I- I command you to stop."

"Scared?"

The sarcastic undertone got into my nerves as I hissed out calmly through my gritted teeth,

"Talking about yourself?"

One moment I was sprawled across the floor, the other moment I was hovering midair.

He materialized out of thin air as his soulless black eyes paralyzed my senses.

"Do let me down."

"She wouldn't want you to fail."

"She's gone," I reasoned, my voice as indifferent as ever, perfectly holding back the reins of the storm that brewed in my mind at the mentioning of her.

"She sees you," he spoke softly right against my ears.

"Sure. Now put me down."

"No, you arrogant bastard. First you answer my question," he demanded and shook me.

"What question?"

"Scared?" He asked.

I sighed. Scared was only a part of the whole package. Exhaustion. Pain. Instability. Fear. Anguish. Anger. Regret. An unquenchable desire for revenge.

"Tired." I admitted.

The incarnation of Ápeiron, that is to say, myself casually dropped me as if I'm the owner of a creepy shadowy structure like him and I could totally fly like the tooth fairy in the air. Nope.

I fell face first onto the floor. My nose didn't show much kindness either as blood immediately started to pour out.

"Why, thank you!" I looked up at him and smiled heartily.

"My pleasure, lord Ápeiron. Now, if you could kindly draft a plan to bring Asevís down. His marionétes are increasing threateningly with each passing day."