𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝟴 | The Cursed Connection

Seth

I still remember the little girl who saved me from the bullies that day. Even though she's not so little anymore and I'm well aware of that fact.

I remember how magical that day felt like. In the park, under the golden sunset. I have a feeling that my quizzical destiny had been fixed on that day, much to my unawareness.

"Hey, is this yours?"

She had asked, gesturing to the colourful kite in her hand. The bully squad had snatched that away from me before. I still recall Josh, my arch nemesis and the unofficial leader of the BBB squad which by the way, stands for Big Bad Bullies.

I nodded and took it from her. She was wearing an ocean blue dress, the pearls on her headband shone like moonlight under the aura of the setting sun. Her eyes define a definite colour but my eight year old mind couldn't quite figure out which color it was.

Because it looked so golden. I had never before seen that colour in someone's eyes. Her smile completely made me forget about Josh and his gang who were proceeding towards me in the meantime, while I was busy taking in her features.

"Hey, loser. How dare you steal our kite?"

The girl looked back, and so did I. Josh charged at me. I shielded my arms in front of me to defend myself from their upcoming attack but nothing happened. The nothing happening silence was followed by a yelp and a high pitched scream.

While Josh's assistant bullies were slouching behind the park benches, the girl had Josh under her. She was casually sitting on top of him, her hands encircling his neck.

That was my first live experience of watching someone trying to strangle someone.

The girl stared up at me and flashed a sweet smile as if nothing had happened and everything was just as normal as before. Josh was screaming but his voice came out rather muffled. He looked peeved and scared at the same time.

"You are afraid of this?" She said and chuckled under her breath, pointing disapprovingly at Josh.

I gulped and nodded.

"You need to stand up for yourself," she said while rolling her eyes.

The golden shade of her eyes gained a kaleidoscopic hue as the late afternoon sunlight cast its flawless reflection into the beautiful pool of her eyes.

"I- " I tried to speak up for the first time but failed promptly. Nothing came. My little brain didn't want to ruin the magical moment.

But Josh did, anyway.

"I'm sorry- I wouldn't- wouldn't bother Seth again- please just- let me go- " Josh somehow managed to plead.

"You promise?" Innocence dripped off her voice as she said that. Innocence, purity, hope and trust.

"Y-yes I'll- I'll even give him back his chocolate bars."

Saying that, Josh gestured for one of his chipmunks to bring his backpack. The girl snatched it from his hand and unzipped it. The chocolates bars Josh had seized from me greeted her warmly from the inside, or so to say.

"And this kite belongs to him, right guys?"

All of them nodded their heads vigorously including Josh who looked a little relieved then.

The girl shrugged and let go of Josh.

"Now shoo- and if I find any of you bothering him again, I wouldn't be so sparing," she threatened and the guys ran away from there quickly.