Chapter 31 - Karma Can Go Fuck All

The wait is over! This chapter might be a bit long because I want you guys to understand and step into James's viewpoint.

HAPPY READING!xx

C.J

(This song reminds me of James, listen and read the lyrics it's heart breaking 💔)

****

James's POV

I let the water ran down my back and freed my mind. It was all over the place for the last few days ever since Riley rejected me. I turned the temperature a little higher, not minding when I felt the scalding water touched against my skin.

"People change, James, and so does feelings. I'm sorry.."

My hands turned into a ball and punched the shower tiles. Blood ran down my knuckles diluted with the running water. I felt the initial pain from the blunt trauma to my hand but it was nothing compared to what I felt inside.

I closed my eyes.

She was my bestfriend. My partner in crime. My confidant, my comforter, my supporter. The girl of my dreams. The love of my life. She was my Riley.

Was my Riley..

It pained me to realise that I was too late and there was no one to blame but me. I always thought we'd end up together. To grow old together. We promised to grow old together.

We were 15 when we shared our first kiss. Everyone seemed to be doing it, so we agreed to have each other's first kiss. Although it took me a couple of years to realise that it was more than just a platonic friendship I felt for her.

I still remembered that day..

We were having a time out after playing rugby at school when my mate Jacob approached me.

"James, you're very close with Riley, right?" He sat next to me and drew the bottle of water to his mouth.

I nodded. "Yeah why?" He wasn't the only one who asked me the same question lately. In fact, I knew what he was going to ask.

"Well, maybe you can set us up?" Jacob's set of white teeth came to my view and all I wanted to do was to knock them off of his perfect face.

Jacob, me and 3 more boys were the popular kids at school.

And knowing Jacob for years, he never asked for help when it came to girls. Girls fall to our feet naturally.

Although, I recalled Riley had a crush on him before. But I didn't think she was interested or showed any interest to anyone for the time being.

"Why do you need my help for? I'm sure you can woo her with your charm." I wasn't sure why I was encouraging him when in fact all I ever wanted to do was to kick him out of the bench and hide Riley away from him.

He laughed. "She's a tough cookie, mate. Trust me, I tried."

I scowled and felt annoyed that she didn't mention anything to me. But before I could say anything, he placed his arm across my shoulders and ushered me to look back.

"I mean look at her, just look at her, mate. She's gorgeous and so fucking fit!"

I looked up to where she was. She was sitting with few of the girls in her class in one of those upper benches not far from us. Although she was wearing her black and white uniform, she stood out from the group.