Chapter 6 - The Pool Of Attraction

Tom's POV

Riley was avoiding meeting my eyes which was absolutely fine with me. We hadn't spoken and it was apparent that she was trying to avoid me. She was sulking for some reason and I was glad Mae gave her cardigan to her. It was also clear that the girls were all aware about her no bra extra bonanza, even Joe.

We all ended up in one of the pubs that had a karaoke. We ordered pizza, chips and booze.

I wasn't exactly a fan of Riley but she was unusually quiet today. She had been refusing the booze and was munching the chips like there was no tomorrow. We had to order another large plate of chips plus she requested for some peanuts too. If I wasn't there last night, I would start to believe that she was quite a normal shy girl.

She was sitting in the far end next to Biddy and looked like she was only interested to what was on the table. Chester, Marc and Brent were busy bragging about our past games to the girls while Joe and Marc were singing a duet on the karaoke.

I grabbed the last slice of pizza and at the same time she grabbed it too. She startled and withdrew her hand. It was the first time since we got there that she made eye contact with me.

I wondered if she remembered what happened last night.

Her cheeks turned pink.

I knew she did..

"You go ahead." I said to her. I opened a can of beer and put it in my mouth.

"We can go half."

"No, have it."

She took it without hesitation and took a bite of it.

My eyes followed the movements of her mouth.

I felt my cock stirred.

Fuck.

I looked away and never bothered looking her way again.

This girl was a sin.

I heard my phone went off and saw Christine's image on the screen.

I wasn't really sure if I get worried, happy, relieved or annoyed to see her calling.

I stood up and went outside.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey!"

"I'm glad you remembered to call." I should be relieved of hearing from her and not feeling pissed.

"I'm sorry, it's just been so busy."

I sighed. I didn't really want to start an argument. At least she still managed to keep in touch and remembered that I was there for her.

"I know, I'm sorry. You just got me worried."

"Well don't, honestly I'm okay. I'm safe and I'm having a wonderful time so far."

"I'm glad someone is having a wonderful time." I said sarcastically to her.

"Tom.."

I heard her sigh.

"Anyway, how's Bournemouth?" She asked.

I turned towards the table and saw Riley laughing with the lads. A small part of me warmed up. She was like the Fall in summer time where you warm yourself up to a nice cup of hot chocolate. She looked so natural in her own way.

"Babe?"

"Yeah, sorry, Bournemouth is okay." I cleared my throat and quickly shifted my eyes away from Riley. "We had our conference today, and tomorrow we'll be going to see some of the competing teams. We also have charity events, pretty much booked for the next few days. Plus the premiership too." I was babbling.

Wiltshire. Tom Wiltshire.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें