chapter 41 | Last touches

Start from the beginning

30 minutes later...

I stop in front of the bus stop where y/n is, noticing her at miles away. I open the passenger door for her, and she comes in, smiles at me in a faint manner, and presses a kiss on my lips. She sits down and puts her bag in the back to buckle her seat belt on.

"How was your day?" I place my hand on her thigh, going back on the road. "As usual...and you?" she doesn't describe her days anymore, her mood exuding different emotions lately. I stroke her cold skin with my thumb and focus on the road. "That was fine. I didn't work a lot but took all my stuff back. I ate well with the lunch you cooked for me," I smile to relieve and get rid of the tension, caressing her skin to bring her some comfort. I know in three days all of this routine I'm used to having will be over, and that breaks my heart.

"I'm glad you ate well," she finally shows some happiness, her hands touching mine. "I thought about going back to the beach we visited when we were together for the first time tomorrow...what do you think?" I turn my hand upside down to intertwine our fingers, and I peek at her.

"Yeah," her lips curve up, her fingers hugging mine. "I love this place a lot."

I smile and hold her hand in mine, with fondness, feeling happy that she accepts it. I can't wait to be tomorrow, even though I want the time to slow down. "What do you want to eat today?" I try not to let any quietness remain, spending my day with her as if it was a normal one. "Pasta. I love it when you cook the ones with special sauces."

"All right," I nod, stopping at a red light and taking this occasion to lay my eyes on her. I think about all the days I'm going to have to go through without seeing her, touching her, hearing her close to me. This hurts me a lot, it physically aches, no matter what I show to her, I pretend to be okay to make sure she doesn't get any more affected by this departure, but inside of me is nothing like what she sees from my behavior.

She returns the gaze as I'm not saying a word, but I smile at her, making her do so. "Do you have a lot of homework to do?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Fortunately, I don't."

"That's good then," I feel some relief for her, but the red light turns green, so I go back on the road.

— Next day —

Saturday, February 1, 2020.

7 pm.

I park the car on the sand, noticing that the beach is empty. Y/n leaves the vehicle, and I do so. The weather is way different from when we last came here, it's cold, but nothing is able to change what I feel in my heart. The memories of that moment when I was with y/n, when we were not a couple yet, keeps my heart warm.

"Oh, you're waiting for me this time?" I point out as she turned around to not go without me, but she giggles and wraps her arms around mine, looking into my eyes with sparkles into them. I beam at her but bring us closer to the water, feeling the fluffiness of her oversized coat that keeps her warm enough with her beanie.

Her fingers slide down the inner part of my arm, and she intertwines them with mine, but I turn towards her and take her in my arms. Never in my life I've cuddled the one I love so much without feeling too clingy, she makes me feel like she never gets enough of it, she's never bothered by my closeness, my love for her, and that makes me feel so good.

I press a kiss on her ear, and she clings onto me, holding me tight and making some cute noise in my chest. "I love you," I remind her, closing my eyes and keeping my head on hers. "I love you more," she speaks against my sweater, but I laugh with softness. "Shh. You know this is not possible."