chapter 29 | Gentle

A deep inhale surprises me and I regret touching him when he was peacefully having a nap.

He passes his hand over his bare torso but smiles. "Are you stalking me?" he brings his arm up to his pillow, but I grab the blanket to lift it up and slide underneath to get on top of him. "I just wanted to make sure you're okay," I embrace him.

"I am, don't worry," his tough and warm hand rubs my back, my eyes closing to revel in the moment, the beating of his heart soothing me. He wraps his arms around my body and drops a kiss on the crown of my head. "Where were you today?"

"I was at the cinema and mall with Minjae, but I left because of what happened," I tell him the truth. "They were even selling some little popobe bear terminator keychains, so I bought one for you," I smile like an idiot, feeling his fingers caressing my skin. "You're cute..." the softness through his words melts my heart. "You seem close to him though..."

"I am, we're like best friends but...I think he likes me...I don't want him to ask me out, I'm scared to break his heart..." I speak to not hide anything from him. "Did you go out with those clothes for him?"

"No, I just found them in my closet and found them so cute, I wanted to wear them and...I thought about when you would be back home, I wanted you to see them on me..." I mumble the end of my sentence in a shy manner. His head turns more towards me for his cheek to rest on my forehead, but this one exposes his smile. "Why did you think about me?"

"I was like...'maybe he will find me pretty in this', so that's why I fixed my makeup some minutes ago and made it even better," I giggle but lift my head from his chest to look into his eyes. "Look," I press my red lips together to smack them. He laughs in the cutest manner but touches them, doing it in a soft manner as if he didn't want the bright lipstick to stain his skin.

"Am I still ugly?" I ask as he hasn't given me any answer, but he brushes the back of his warm hand over my cheek. "You're always pretty even without makeup, y/n. You're perfect to me."

My heart flutters, the effect of his words getting me easily. I slide up his body and press a kiss on his lips. "Now your lips are red," I laugh but see him beam at me, his big eyes sparkling when their pupils are dilated, his fingers play with my hair and comb them.

We both remain silent while staring at each other, the softness in his soul telling me and showing me how good of a man he is. This is not lust, this is care, love, and affection. The more the time is passing, the more his heart is breathing fast, and I love this. I love when I feel his heartbeat go stronger and speed up because of me, that's the sweetest thing ever.

"I could stay like this for hours...just looking at you...playing with your hair...that makes me feel good..." he speaks in an undertone, relaxing me with only the sound of his voice and his touches. "I could look at you all the time as well...your pretty eyes and your pretty, thin and rosy lips," I smile but see his cute one widen. His fingers brush past my cheek, but he gives a little pat to the tip of my nose, before leaving the side of his index finger close to my lips.

I trap it with my teeth, but he grins and jiggles the tip of it. "Don't eat it, I'm going to cook dinner," his words get me to only keep my lips against his skin. "I'm the one cooking. I'm gonna serve you delicious lasagnas."

He burbles my lips in a tender way. "Shh. I'm the one cooking," his hushing sound reminds me of last night, but since I'm too soft to even want to think about it, I only focus on his face. "No, I wanted to do it," I give him a sad puppy face, willing to cook and let him do what he wants.

"Hm...don't do that," he covers half of my face with his hand. "I can't handle your cute face."

I giggle but stick my tongue out to lick his skin and sit up. I lay my hands on his bare torso and apply pressure on his abs with the tip of my fingers. "I am the one cooking, Mister Jeon Jungkook. So you keep quiet, I'm the one ruling."