I nodded already feeling overwhelmed.

"I have so much to tell you!", He said excited.

"David how are you so mature about everything? Did the fact that your parents were not in love and your father was with another woman doesn't bother you at all?"

He smiled briefly, "Not everyone gets normal Erica. I am way better than anyone in this world. You see, dad and mom never fought with each other. They were not in love, but they were best of friends. And most importantly they loved me!! A child who was with a person they don't love. That's better than people who turn bitter in life. I am just grateful Erica....but I have promised myself that I will make sure my child is born out of love, and gets all from both of us."

I couldn't help adoring this man. He is the most positive person I have met, and now when I know he is my brother, I feel I have finally got something out of life.

"The thought that I don't have a family killed me always David!", I sadly looked at him, "Though for years I hoped my father would walk in someday and ask me to be a member of his family."

"Dad would have done that the moment you were born Erica. Our father was anything but irresponsible. And the fact that you were Embrey's child and a daughter, would have caused him to love you more. But we cannot cry about the things that didn't happen. Instead we should be happy about what happened. We both have each other now. And we have found for ourselves the ones we love with life. Nothing else matters!"

"Yeah... nothing else matters...", I smiled acknowledging what he said.

Our coffee was finished, "Were you going somewhere?"

I nodded, "I was hoping to take a walk outside."

"C'mon then...let's go! I will take you to the diner that dad liked alot!"

And that made me the happiest one today.

*

"Eat this!", He took another spoon filled of Mexican steak and forwarded it to my mouth.

"Wow! This is so good!", I said swallowing it.

"I don't remember coming here with Dad, but whenever I was upset James and Jessica brought me here."

I nodded, "i also never tried Mexican food."

David ended up ordering everything they had and now we were tasting out of everything, and feeding ourselves.

"Uh...Erica!? Did you read the documents I gave you when you were leaving Nonna's place?", He asked out of the blue.

And that's when I was reminded of that file. I was so overwhelmed that day, that I kept it somewhere and forgot I have to read it.

I smiled sheepishly, "I didn't."

He chuckled, "Go and read them today..."

Just then his phone started ringing and he rolled his eyes at the screen. May be I know who it is.

"Yeah!?", He said to the person.

"Hmm...'everything' is alright! Now don't call me again...I will be back in an hour."

He paid the full fledged bill for our celebratory meal.

"Now Erica! Look at the better side and stop sulking...hey! I totally forgot! Austin called me! Apparently he can't reach you..."

"I completely forgot about that!", I said and he rolled his eyes, "You sure you are twenty five and not fifty two!?"

I chuckled, "I think I am twenty five only."