15•

"Okay, so you spin and whoever it lands on is who we spy on." I explained to the girls as the three of us sat on the bed.

"Holy shit, I can't believe we're really doing this." Max grinned as she put the lid back on her sharpie.

"Ready El?" I smirked.

"Ready." She nodded as she spun the bottle with a quick flick of her wrist.

"Mr. Wheeler." The three of us said in unison. I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh, boring." Max exclaimed.

"Yeah, boring." El repeated.

"Spin again." I motioned to the bottle. El moved to grab the bottle but paused.

"Against the rules?"

"We make our own rules." Max grinned. I smiled at El as she spun the bottle again and honestly, I wasn't prepared for the feeling that erupted in my stomach as it landed on Billy.

The two girls both looked at me before Max got off the bed to get the radio and blindfold. "I should just warn you, if he's doing something gross then just get out of there before you're scarred for life."

"A hundred bucks says he's weightlifting." I grinned as I mockingly raised my right arm and kissed my bycep.

"Come on Evie you know how gross he is."

"Max." El interrupted.

"Im just saying we know what he's like and-"

"Max!"

"Okay," she sniggered, "shutting up now."

I watched as Max fixed the radio and El wrapped the blindfold around her head. A few moments passed and I found myself anxiously biting my lip. Something about this just felt wrong.

"I found him." El whispered.

"what's he doing?" Max asked as I leaned closer to El.

"I don't know." She whispered. "He's, on the floor. Talking to someone."
I felt my brows furrow at El's words. What the fuck?

I started to lean closer to El when suddenly she pulled off the blindfold, making me jump back. Her breathing was ragged and I grabbed her arm. "El what's wrong?"

"What is it? What happened?" Max demanded.

El just shook her head before turning off the radio. "He was- with a girl."

Max and El both looked at me and I could feel my eyes bulge in their sockets. "What?" I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks and I quickly buried my head in my hands. I let out a groan as I tried to process what El had just said. This made no sense. Why would he make a big deal about us leaving Hawkins if he was going to cheat on me?

"She was screaming." El continued.

"Oh my god." I whined.

"Okay El that's enough we'll talk about it later." Max quickly blurted before pulling El off the bed.

I continued to sit on the bed feeling bad for myself as the girls got ready for bed. It was late and I wanted nothing more than to fall asleep but my mind was too preoccupied with what had just happened. There was almost no conversation between us as I finally vacated the bed. I changed into one of Hopper's tshirts that El had handed me and dumped a pillow and a blanket onto the floor.

El and Max climbed into the bed and once we had all gotten settled, the room fell into silence. I stared up at the ceiling through the darkness and began counting the boards on the roof. I could hear the girls whispering to each other and I presumed it was about what El saw.

After a while they became quiet and just as I began to think that they were asleep, Max spoke up. "Hey Evie?"

"Mmhmm?"

"We're gonna go and check it out in the morning but you don't have to come if you don't want to."

"I will." I said quickly, because I knew if I actually thought about it then I would chicken out for sure.

"Okay, goodnight." Max whispered again and I let out a long sigh.

"Goodnight girls."

I must have drifted off soon after because when I awoke it was daylight and Max and El were sitting up in bed talking again. "Hey." I nodded as I grabbed my clothes from yesterday and started to get dressed.

"We're going to mine first." Max said as I finished struggling to pull on my pants.

"That's alright."

Once we were all ready, the three of us silently crept out of El's room as not to wake Hopper. El stopped for a moment to scribble something on a piece of paper and stick it to the fridge before following me and Max out the door.