5•

"Hey Max." I smiled at the girl as I closed the front door behind Billy and I. She was haphazardly strewn over the couch and lazily fanning herself with a piece of card.

"So hot." She grumbled while sitting up.

"Do you want me to open some windows?" I frowned while looking around. The place was shut up tight. Just as I placed my hand on the latch of the living room window, Max practically jumped off the couch. "No! That makes it worse!"

I stifled a laugh and leant against the couch. "I thought you'd be hanging out with the others today."

"El and Mike are at the movies and Lucas is grounded, so that leaves me here, to melt." She crossed her arms over her chest and rolled here eyes. I sighed, it was obvious that she was bored shitless.

"You know what," I stood up straight and stretched, "I'm working tomorrow so if you want to tag along I'm sure Mr. Scott won't mind."

Max smiled and nodded. "That's so cool. Wait can I help with the animals?"

"Definitely." I nodded, thinking of how over run and short staffed the kennel was. "I'll pick you up on my way back from lunch, say twelve thirty?"

"Thanks Evie." She grinned before leaning back on the couch once again, resuming the fanning.

"No sweat." She shot a small glare at me from across the room. "Sorry not funny." I sniggered before leaving.

I ventured into the kitchen in search of Billy and rested my elbows on the kitchen counter once I saw him rummaging through the fridge. I watched as he took out two ice cold beers as well as a jug of lemonade.

"Remember we have to get my car later." I said as I took a beer from his hand.

"It's only one." He grinned before moving behind me and pressing his can to the back of my neck.

I yelped in surprise while my neck practically folded inward as I hopped across the kitchen away from him. "Don't do that!" I laughed.

"Only trying to cool you down babe." He winked. I narrowed my eyes at him as he turned to get a glass from the cupboard. I opened my can of beer and watched him pour some lemonade into the glass as I took a swig. "Hey shitstain!" He yelled in Max's direction.

"You know, nicer words exist Billy." I said as I heard Max trudge towards the kitchen. Billy just rolled his eyes at me before turning to Max, who was now in the doorway.

"Merry Christmas." He said as he handed her the lemonade.

She took the glass from his hand and the look of surprise on her face quickly turned to a look of caution as she eyed the glass. "What's wrong with it?" She quizzed.

Billy quickly turned on his heel and outstretched his hand. "I'll take it back if you don't want it."

"No-no it's fine." Max moved the glass closer to her chest. Billy just laughed before opening his can and downing half of it.

"See, he can be nice sometimes." I smiled to Max.

"It's rare," she took a sip of the lemonade and sniggered, "I actually had to stop and think if it was my birthday or something."

"Smartass." Billy mumbled to Max from his place beside me. She just laughed before taking another drink of the lemonade and retreating back into the living room.

We leant against the counter in silence for a few seconds before Billy suddenly stood up right and turned to me.

"What?" I laughed at the goofy look on his face.

"Help me wash the car." He grinned, causing me to laugh more.

"You have the mind of a child Billy Hargrove."

"Not always." He laughed, but this time his voice was lower and he moved his hands to squeeze my ass. I chuckled before giving him a quick kiss and pushing him away. I swear boys are a different species.

"Let's go then." I shrugged while walking out of the kitchen. Billy followed and I could practically feel the shit eating grin that was etched into his face. I opened the front door and walked out onto the porch, the hot air hitting me like a train. I stood there for a moment and watched as Billy unraveled and attached a garden hose to the side of the house.

Once he was done I walked onto the lawn and moved over to him. "Where are the sponges and stuff?"

"Come on, we're not actually going to wash the car." His cocky attitude was explicit as be fiddled with the end of the hose.

"Then what's with the ho-" I was cut off mid sentence by a massive gush of freezing water being sprayed in my face. All I could hear was Billy's laugh as I ran in the opposite direction. That bastard. I waited until he was right behind me before I turned on my heel and yanked the hose straight off him. He looked down at his hands as if not believing that I now had the hose. I gave him a sly smirk and he let out a cackle before running straight past me.

I was so busy trying to soak him that I didn't realise that he was now charging straight for me. I got a good few shots in before screaming due to Billy hoisting me up on his shoulder. The hose flung out of my hand as he spun himself round and round before letting me down and pulling me to the ground.

I moved myself so I was on my knees and started to ring out my hair. I was out of breath and so was Billy, and we were both absolutely fucking drenched.
"You're crazy." I said to Billy as he sat up and started to take off his shirt.

"Maybe," he grinned, "but I'm fun and that's the main thing." He started to roll his soggy t-shirt into a ball and before I knew it, he rung it out right over the top of me.

I gasped and quickly turned to face him. "You dickhead." I laughed as I lunged at him. He fell backwards and started to laugh again as I pinned him to the ground.